Business knowledge is in high demand in every area of work. This MicroMasters® program in MBA Core Curriculum is designed for professionals in any discipline who are looking to set themselves apart and accelerate their careers.
Business knowledge is in high demand in every area of work. From high-tech start-ups to non-profits, organizations are looking to leverage best practices from the business world to achieve their objectives. That’s why the MBA is widely recognized as a career accelerator, regardless of the industry you’re in.
With the MicroMasters program in MBA Core Curriculum, you will develop business insights and learn to lead others to achieve strategic goals. You’ll learn the different functional areas of a firm, how each area defines success, and how the functions work together to create success in the marketplace. You will be able to build and lead successful teams, influence others, and deliver high-quality outcomes on time and within budget.
The MicroMasters program in MBA Core Curriculum has also been designed to grow your professional and social networks. We will help you find people like yourself, both in your region and around the world, who are looking to advance their careers. In addition to facilitated discussions in your classes, you will be encouraged to interact with colleagues in real-time by forming small study groups, holding virtual coffee hours, and discussing current articles and trends in business.
Are you ready? Turbocharge your career with the MicroMasters program in MBA Core Curriculum from the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business.
- The average salary for MBA alumni: $142,000 USD (source: Financial Times https://www.ft.com/content/a2813230-d69b-11e7-a303-9060cb1e5f44)
- Near-term career prospects include roles such as consultant, product manager, financial analyst, data analyst and others in industries such as management consulting, financial service, consumer product goods, pharma firms, biotech, health care, & energy.
- Longer-term career prospects include all roles in the C-Suite, across all functional areas (CEO, CFO, CIO, CMO).
What You'll Learn
- Devise the right marketing strategy for your idea or firm.
- Use the vast information available in the world today to gain insight, create a competitive edge, and avoid being tomorrow’s data breach headline.
- Evaluate corporate investment opportunities to drive shareholder value.
- Use the language of business to communicate financial information to investors, shareholders, creditors, and regulators.
- Interact with those in the “C” suite, speaking their language and making your case for your ideas.
- Lead a team of people and use your influence to achieve strategic goals.
- Create the right strategy for your firm to gain a competitive advantage over others in your market space, domestically and globally.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
Developed to advance a career and born from Master's programs of leading universities, MicroMasters programs are a series of higher-level courses recognized by companies for real job relevancy and may accelerate a Master's degree.
MicroMasters Program Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Program Certificate
Complete and successfully earn a Verified Certificate in seven courses.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Those who successfully complete the MicroMasters program certificate are eligible to apply for admission to the Online MBA program at the Robert H. Smith School of Business. Once accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards 25 percent (14 credits) of the coursework required for graduation from the Smith program.
- Average Length: 7 weeks per course
- Effort: 8-10 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 7 Courses in Program
- Subject: Business & Management, Economics & Finance, Data Analysis & Statistics
- Institutions: University System of Maryland, The University of Maryland, College Park
- Institution Offering Credit: The University of Maryland, College Park
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $1500 USD, now $1350 USD for the entire program. You save $150 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More