Become an innovative leader in 6-sigma environments
Master the knowledge and skills necessary to lead and participate effectively in improvement teams and continuous innovation in 6-sigma and lean manufacturing environments.
The MicroMasters program in leadership and teamwork for continuous innovation at the UPV is an advanced professional postgraduate course, equivalent to a semester of work in the Master in Lean Manufacturing at the UPV.
The MicroMasters program credential will allow you to prove that you know the main human resources management programs that encourage employee participation in continuous improvement and innovation, that you know how to use the main tools of group work to identify problems, find alternatives and prioritize them in an action plan and that you know your skills as a leader and your innovative capacity and have worked to develop them.
And if you want to continue your training in the subject, you can validate the MicroMasters program credential for 4 subjects (7 ECTS) of the Master in Lean Manufacturing at the UPV. The Master's degree is equivalent to 60 ECTS credits.
Emple prospects or
- Lean manufacturing / 6-sigma work environments are increasingly common in production.
- In these environments intermediate controls are needed that know how to manage teams in a participatory way, promoting continuous improvement and innovation.
- The MicroMasters program develops knowledge and skills necessary to work as Lean Champion in lean production equipment, Responsible for continuous improvement in 6-sigma environments, Leader of continuous improvement and innovation and similar positions.
What you will learn
- The main human resources management programs for continuous improvement and innovation
- To use the main tools of group work to identify problems, look for alternatives and prioritize them in a plan of action
- To lead and manage teams in a participatory and motivating way
- To self-diagnose your leadership and innovation competencies
- To evaluate the leadership capacity and innovation in others
- How to implement process improvement groups
Learn the phases of process improvement, the characteristics of the ideal work team and techniques to implement problem solving groups.
- Participatory management: motivation and organizational leadership
Learn the importance of participatory management in the organization and how to generate motivation and leadership among employees. We will focus on the implementation and measurement of the degree of deployment of HIWP practices in companies.
- Leadership for middle managers
Know the different leadership styles, learn to be an effective leader and establish a personal plan to improve your soft skills and become a great leader.
- How to diagnose my innovation skills
Learn to develop your soft skills in innovative skills and evaluate those of others by applying a model to analyze business innovation.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
The MicroMasters® programs are a series of postgraduate courses that have been designed by the best universities and collaborating institutions worldwide. These programs can help you advance your professional career in a specific way: MicroMasters® program certificates confirm in-depth learning about specific and in demand skills. The courses contained in the MicroMasters® programs can help you take the first step towards obtaining a Master's degree.
- Average duration: 7 months.
- Effort: 3-4 hours per week.
- Number of courses: 4 courses in the program
- Subject: Business and Management
- Institution: Universitat Politècnica de Valencia
- Credit of the offer of the institution: Universitat Politècnica de Valencia
- Spanish Language
- Video transcriptions: Spanish
- Price (USD): Originally $ 529 USD, now $ 476.10 USD for the entire program. You save $ 52.90 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More