Gain management skills and mindset needed for international business success from the world-renowned Thunderbird School of Global Management.
Want to advance your career in the global workplace or master the skills for conducting global business? The International Business Management MicroMasters Program from the prestigious Thunderbird School of Global Management at Arizona State University offers a highly specialized global management education that will open pathways to leadership roles in multinational corporations as well as non-governmental organizations. Offering 70 years of experience and international top ranking, this MicroMasters Program will equip you with management skills essential for conducting global business successfully. You will learn how to identify risks and opportunities in global business settings and acquire strategies for mastering interpersonal encounters in multicultural environments through effective communication, people management, and marketing skills. You will gain leadership skills, the ability to adapt to ever-changing business environments, as well as learning tolerance for ambiguity, and developing a passion for appreciation of other cultures. Successful completion of this MicroMasters Program will earn you the opportunity to be accepted into the Thunderbird Masters of Global Management program.
- Average Length: 6 weeks per course
- Effort: 10-12 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 4 Courses in Program
- Subject: Communication, Business & Management
- Institution: Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Institution Offering Credit: Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Free to try or pursue the MicroMasters credential for $996
- Modern business is a global business. With globalization accelerating at a rapid pace, global mindset and skillset are now a norm for most career advancements.
- Many Thunderbird graduates go on to become country managers, do business development work internationally, open subsidiaries in foreign locations, manage global projects, and advance business careers in multinational companies.
- Career opportunities: Business Development Manager, Project Manager, Account Executive, Marketing Manager, Business Analysts, Customer Service Manager, Business Consultant
What You'll Learn:
- Analytical tools for understanding the rapidly changing and dynamic global political economy.
- Effective communication strategies for interpersonal encounters.
- To explore the mix of organizational practices and people essential for sustaining competitive advantage globally.
- To understand how value is created via customer relationships and their strategic implications in the context of competitor and value-chain.
- Skills, mindset, and understanding of how to be successful in a globalized marketplace.
MicroMasters Program Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential Successfully complete and earn a Verified Certificate in four courses. Take Your Credential To The Next Level After successfully completing the International Business Management MicroMasters Program, apply to Thunderbird School of Global Management’s Master of Global Business. Once admitted, the MicroMasters Credential will count for 20% of the total program credits. The Masters of Global Management degree from Thunderbird has 40 credits. The benefits of completing the certificate (in terms of admissions) are only applicable to the online degree, but credits apply to both the online and campus immersion versions. The successful completion of MicroMasters courses provides 2 credits per course; eight when all 4 courses are taken.
- Managing People from a Global Perspective
Learn people management practices and human resource toolsets to build high-performing cross-cultural and global teams.
- Communicating in a Global Context
Learn how cultural differences impact business communication and enhance your international managerial communication skills.
- States and Markets in the Global Economy
Learn to predict financial crises, handle unfair trade practices and minimize risks when investing in emerging economies.
- Global Marketing Strategy
Understand how to assess global market opportunities and challenges while developing successful global marketing strategies.
What is a MicroMasters Program? Developed to advance a career and born from Master's programs of leading universities, MicroMasters programs are a series of higher-level courses recognized by companies for real job relevancy and may accelerate a Master's degree.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 27, 2018