Take your skills to the frontline of automotive technology and become the engineer of the future.
The automotive industry is changing in fundamental ways. Today, the internal combustion engine is increasingly complemented or even replaced with an electric motor. Vehicles are becoming more and more autonomous, creating an ever-increasing need for better software. Consequently, skilled automotive engineers are required to meet the demands on high-quality individual mobility and transportation of people and goods, especially when considering environmental challenges and the vision of zero accidents.
In this MicroMasters program, you will learn the fundamentals of not only how a vehicle is designed, but also how to model and simulate the vehicle dynamics. Learn how to implement intelligent perception and decision procedures needed for self-driving cars and how model-based design is widely used in industry to accurately simulate the vehicle but also to design efficient algorithms.
This MicroMasters program provides you with seven courses that give you a holistic perspective on emerging approaches for electric and hybrid powertrains; crash safety and avoidance; and model-based development of embedded controllers. The latter part of the program introduces you to recent development within autonomous driving and focus both on the perception and on decision making for state-of-the-art autonomous vehicles.
Graduates from the MicroMasters program will be equipped with the necessary skills for a career within the automotive industry and have a broad perspective of the emerging technologies within the development of automotive technologies.
- Registrations of electric cars hit a new record in 2016, with over 750,000 sales worldwide. (Source: International Energy Agency)
- Once technological and regulatory issues have been resolved, up to 15 percent of new cars sold in 2030 could be fully autonomous. (Source: McKinsey & Company)
- This program provides learners with a suitable background when aiming for a career/role in the engineering of powertrains, active safety, and autonomous driving as well as technical support and sales at different levels.
- The average salary for Self Driving Car Engineers is $233,000. (Source: Paysa)
What You'll Learn
- Design and simulate electric and hybrid powertrains.
- Understand the fundamentals of passive and active safety concepts.
- Model and simulate vehicle dynamics.
- Implement intelligent perception and decision procedures needed for self-driving cars.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
Developed to advance a career and born from Master's programs of leading universities, MicroMasters programs are a series of higher-level courses recognized by companies for real job relevancy and may accelerate a Master's degree.
MicroMasters Program Details
Complete and successfully earn a Verified Certificate in all seven ChalmersX courses plus a final capstone exam.
Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters program certificate can apply to Chalmers University of Technology’s Master of Science in Automotive Engineering or in Systems, Control and Mechatronics. If accepted into the Master's program, learners will be accredited course work corresponding to 20-22.5 credits (120 ECTS are required for graduation in the above-mentioned master programs).
To receive credit towards one of the two Master programs learners need to apply and be accepted (formal requirements must be fulfilled) as regular campus students.
- Average Length: 6-8 weeks per course
- Effort: 10-20 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 7 Courses in Program
- Subject: Engineering, Computer Science, Data Analysis & Statistics, Math, Electronics, Energy & Earth Sciences, Health & Safety
- Institutions: Chalmers University of Technology
- Institution Offering Credit: Chalmers University of Technology
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $1400 USD, now $1260 USD for the entire program. You save $140 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More