What does it take to win in today’s digital economy? How do you deal with the disruption caused by digital technologies, evolving business models and a changing workforce? Digital leaders are in high demand as business increasingly relies on digital technologies. These leaders are tech-savvy, data-driven and are able to inspire teams to engage in rapid experimentation that drives transformation and business outcomes. Given the scale of digital disruptions, the skills and perspectives of digital leaders are now required in every industry and job function: from operations to HR; accounting to product development; marketing to strategy. In this Digital Leadership MicroMasters program, you will develop the knowledge and capabilities to lead organizational change and transformation. You will gain hands-on experience in understanding and articulating in:
- Strategies to drive and transform your business into in the digital economy;
- How to drive business value through experimentation;
- Development of platform based strategies for growth;
- Negotiation and management of digital transformation projects;
- Effective people and team management strategies.
The MicroMasters program concludes with two courses that leverage object oriented thinking, and data analytics for designing, running, assessing and adapting strategic experiments that lead to more innovative products and business processes that expand market growth.
- Average Length: 6-8 weeks per course
- Effort: 4-8 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 5 Courses in Program
- Subject: Economics & Finance, Business & Management, Computer Science, Data Analysis & Statistics
- Institution: Boston University
- Institution Offering Credit: Boston University
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Free to try or pursue the MicroMasters credential for $1000
- Average salary for leadership positions in the IT industry is $101,020. (SOURCE: Burning Glass)
- Immediate career opportunities include: Project Managers, Team Leads, Program Managers, First time managers, Mid-career professionals, Process Leads, Entrepreneurs
- Longer term career prospects include roles such as Director for Business Development, Customer Experience, HR, Operations, Business Strategist, etc.
What You'll Learn
- Develop an experimental capability to drive business outcomes
- Harness data to improve business decisions
- Lead people and teams in dynamic environments
- Transform your business model to succeed within digital disruptions
- Develop platform based strategies for growth and innovation
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential
Complete and successfully earn a Verified Certificate in all 5 MicroMasters courses listed below.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
You can combine your MicroMasters credential with on-campus work at Boston University’s Questrom School of Business to earn a Master of Science in Digital Innovation (MSDi) degree. Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters credential are eligible to apply to the MSDi program with no need to take the GMAT or GRE test. Learners who have earned a MicroMasters credential would be credited for 8 academic units (32 units are required for graduation with the accelerated Master of Science in Digital Innovation (MSDi) degree). The MicroMasters certificates and MicroMasters courses open other avenues of opportunity at Questrom School of Business. You can pursue our full-time Master of Science in Digital Innovation (MSDi) graduate degree program. Your MicroMasters certificate waives 25% of the degree requirement making this an exciting seven-month program. Or you may want to consider combining a MicroMasters course with our Questrom Executive Leadership Center programs. It’s up to you!
- Digital Transformation Strategy
- Platform Strategy for Business
- Leading in the Digital Age
- Designing for Experimentation to Enhance Digital Business Innovation
- Business Analytics for Data-Driven Decision Making
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 27, 2018