This MicroMasters program is a mix of theory and practice: you will learn algorithmic techniques for solving various computational problems through implementing over one hundred algorithmic coding problems in a programming language of your choice.
No other online course in Algorithms even comes close to offering you a wealth of programming challenges that you may face at your next job interview. To prepare you, we have invested thousands of hours designing challenges as an alternative to multiple choice questions that you usually find in MOOCs. We believe in learning through application, especially when it comes to learning algorithms.
For each algorithm you develop and implement, we have designed multiple tests to check its correctness and running time — you will have to debug your programs without even knowing what these tests are! It may sound difficult, but we believe it is the only way to truly understand how the algorithms work and to master the art of programming.
- The median salary for Software Development jobs in the US is $100,690 per year. (source: Bureau of Labour Statistics)
- Career prospects include software engineer, data scientist, and site reliability engineer.
What You'll Learn:
- Understand essential algorithmic techniques and apply them to solve algorithmic problems
- Implement programs that work in less than one second even on massive datasets
- Test and debug your code even without knowing the input on which it fails
- Formulate real-life computational problems as rigorous algorithmic problems
- Prove correctness of an algorithm and analyze its running time
- Average Length: 3-7 weeks per course
- Effort: 8-10 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 8 Courses in Program
- Subject: Computer Science, Biology & Life Sciences, Math
- Institution: The University of California, San Diego
- Institution Offering Credit: Rochester Institute of Technology
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): $1200 USD $1080 USD for the entire program.You save $120 USD.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
Developed to advance a career and born from Master's programs of leading universities, MicroMasters programs are a series of higher-level courses recognized by companies for real job relevancy and may accelerate a Master's degree.
MicroMasters Program Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential
Complete and successfully earn a verified certificate in all 8 courses plus the capstone project course.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Learners who successfully earn the Algorithms and Data Structures MicroMasters Credential are eligible to apply for admission to the School of Individualized Study (SOIS) Master of Science in Professional Studies at Rochester Institute of Technology.
If a learner applies for admission to the SOIC Master of Science in Professional Studies program at Rochester Institute of Technology and is accepted, the MicroMasters Credential will count towards 25% of the coursework required by this program.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 27, 2018