Build the financial and accounting skillset needed to rise to an executive level of responsibility and earning power.
Do you want to advance your career and move toward an organizational leadership position, such as a Chief Financial Officer? Ideal for mid-career professionals, this MicroMasters program will help you build the skills you’ll need to make high-level decisions that impact your organization's current operations and financial future.
You will gain hands-on experience as you report and analyze financial transactions of corporations. Further, you will learn how to assess risks and returns of alternative investments by analyzing SEC 10-K reports of Fortune 500 companies and enhance your ability to make effective financial management decisions to prepare for future career advancement.
- Accounting and Auditing industries are expanding faster than average and are expected to grow at 11% through 2024. (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- In 2016, the median annual salaries for accountants and auditors with a bachelor’s degree was $68,150 and the median annual salary for financial managers was $121,750. (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Potential career roles for people with similar training include corporate accountant, management accountant, financial manager, budget analysts, financial analysts, insurance underwriters, and loan officer.
What You'll Learn
- Manage an organization's financial operations; including revenues, expenses, assets, liabilities, and equity.
- Evaluate alternative investments by using the time value of money calculations, and understanding their effect on cash flow.
- Perform financial analyses and modeling.
- Contribute to strategic management decision-making and operational problem-solving.
- Use case studies of real companies facing financial challenges to analyze situations, assess risks, and propose courses of action.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
Developed to advance a career and born from Master's programs of leading universities, MicroMasters programs are a series of higher-level courses recognized by companies for real job relevancy and may accelerate a Master's degree.
MicroMasters Program Details
Complete and successfully earn a Verified Certificate in all 4 courses.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Through UMUC’s Graduate Accounting programs, learners can combine a MicroMasters Credential with online coursework at UMUC to earn a Master of Science in Accounting and Financial Management (MSAF).
Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters Credential are eligible to apply to the Graduate Accounting program with no need to take the GMAT or GRE examination. Those who have earned a MicroMasters Credential would be credited for 12 credit hours (36 credit hours are required for graduation with an Accounting and Financial Management master’s degree).
- Average Length: 8 weeks per course
- Effort: 10-15 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 4 Courses in Program
- Subject: Business & Management, Economics & Finance
- Institutions: University System of Maryland, UMUC
- Institution Offering Credit: UMUC
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $996 USD, now $896.40 USD for the entire program. You save $99.60 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More