University of the Pacific's MS in Data Science prepares you to leverage the huge power of Big Data, the Internet of Things, and social media to build a rewarding career in data science, today’s most dynamic field. Glassdoor has named the data scientist role the #1 job in America for three consecutive years.
This flexible program features evening online lectures and classes every other Saturday in San Francisco. It was created by top practitioners in the data science field and culminates in a real-world capstone project at a leading Bay Area company. Students gain the skills to:
- Obtain and cleanse data in preparation for analysis.
- Apply mathematical and programming skills to design and develop complex data-analysis solutions.
- Understand the concepts and methods of analytic modeling (including machine learning, predictive modeling, customer analytics, and time series analysis).
- Design, build and test working analytic solutions.
- Create high-impact visualizations and reports.
- Communicate, collaborate, and envision creative solutions.
According to Indeed.com, the average salary of open data science positions in the San Francisco Bay area was $152,143 in March of 2019, and postings for Data Science positions jumped 31% year over year in December 2018.
Today, every industry and every department — from finance to sales, marketing, and HR — requires the analysis of data. This program builds the broadly transferable data science and essential business skills you need to meet this demand. To date, 100% of our alumni have joined or advanced their career in their desired field upon graduation.
About the School
Drawing on its rich legacy as the oldest chartered university in California, University of the Pacific is a student-focused, comprehensive educational institution that produces outstanding graduates p ... Read More