The program Master in Educational Technology Responds to the current needs of the knowledge society to enrich education professionals and the area of human resources training in the most current and advanced use of technologies in the teaching-learning and training processes, both in the Various levels of school as in public and private companies, which will allow a more comprehensive development of students and workers. Through an innovative educational model based on the new information and communication technology (ICT), which enables reaching larger audiences with space and time mobility constraints, highly trained professionals are formed that will have a positive effect And directly in the communities where they provide their services.
The Master in Educational Technology (MTE) With accentuations contributes to the fulfillment of the Vision of the TecVirtual University, which is to develop the potential of the people, through digital learning environments. The program's contribution is to professionalize the educational work of teachers and training professionals based on innovative pedagogical, technological and management models to improve their educational environments.
The Master in Educational Technology aims to train people:
- Suitable for proposing and implementing innovative teaching projects and programs that contribute to the improvement of the service provided in their institutions.
- Ethics that manifest, through their behaviors, a respect for the dignity of the people.
- Capable of integrating theory and practice to competitively apply advances and new approaches to knowledge in education.
- With basic educational research skills to use their results as a means to solve current educational problems.
- Capable of learning to learn in a self-directed, autonomous and self-regulated way throughout their lives.
- Skillful in the use of technologies that allow to achieve the educational and training objectives.
Objectives of Accentuations
Accentuation in Corporate Training
- To train people capable of administering, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating technology-based educational projects that foster better learning environments in training and continuing education programs.
Accentuation in Innovative Media for Education
- To train people capable of administering, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating technology-based educational projects that foster better learning environments in educational institutions.
Based on these objectives can confirm that the student will be able to incorporate their knowledge in their area of work.
The Master in Educational Technology is aimed at candidates:
- With finished professional career, related to the areas of education, innovation and educational technology, administration and management or related.
- That they have skills in technology
- Who have reading comprehension skills in English.
- That they are working in a position that allows them to have an approach to educational technology scenarios, be it in the field of education or training and vocational training.
Leadership in distance education
Tecnologico de Monterrey is the first institution in Latin America to establish an Internet connection. Mexico is a pioneer in distance education since 1989 and leads the "Ranking of Online Training Institutions Spanish speaking 2015" prepared by the consulting firm Global Intelligence Hamilton.
Program taught by teachers with doctorate degree and professional experience of the School of Government and Public Transformation of Tecnológico de Monterrey.
This program has accreditations and recognitions from national and international institutions such as:
- Program accredited by the National Register of Quality Graduate (PNPC) of COCyT.
- Commission on Colleges of the Association of Schools and Colleges South America (SACS).
- Tecnologico de Monterrey is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Association of Schools and Colleges South America to grant professional degrees and degrees of masters and doctorate. Contact the University Commission at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, or call (+1) 404-679-4500 (+1) 404-679-4500, for questions about accreditation of the Technological Monterrey.
- National Quality Graduate Program (PNPC) of the National Council of Science and Technology (COCYT).
- Official recognition of the Ministry of Public Education of Mexico.
- Recognition by the World Bank, Organization of American States.
- Inter-Institutional Committees for the Evaluation of Higher Education (CIEES) which have ranked Online Masters at the highest level.
the active participation of students in their professional and personal through individual and collaborative learning promotes training. This model also allows students to build their knowledge with the guidance of experienced teachers in their field and teaching.
Cutting edge technology
The courses are designed on an online platform that allows students:
- Collaborate in interactive online classes and live no more than 15 students.
- Participate in a Socratic discussion, the preferred method of instruction in law schools in the United States.
- Access a dynamic course, interactive and self-paced from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
- Schedule one to one meetings with faculty during office hours online.
- Establish a network of international contacts through the online community.
Collection of over 90,000 books and 53,000 periodicals.
- ED4022 Technology and Innovation in Education
- ED4033 Theories of learning in the educational context
- Basic OP4006 Elective I
- OP5042 Elective I
- ED4034 Applied Research Project I: Identification of issues
- OP5043 Elective II
- ED4035 Applied Research Project II: Methodological approaches
- OP5044 Elective III
- ED4032 comparative education
- ED5084 Applied Research Project III: Performance
The graduate of this program is a person with a solid academic background, capable of:
- To manage projects of technology applied to education from its gestation to its evaluation.
- Design learning environments by selecting the right technologies.
- Apply educational technology in your courses as a teacher of basic level, high school or higher or as a training instructor.
- Design training programs using technology.
- Be leaders of work teams in educational technology.
- Design curriculum plans based on current teaching paradigms.
- Select which technology is most suitable for a learning objective.
- Evaluate technology-based educational models.
- Research in the area of education supported by technology.
1. Design and develop learning environments and activities based on Educational Technology.
- Design formal courses and continuing education with support of educational technology and ICT.
- Design learning activities with educational technology and ICT.
- Develop resources for learning activities based on educational technology.
2. Use pedagogically the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
- Acquire basic digital skills.
- Manage different educational platforms.
- Know how to use the tools of social networks for educational purposes (Facebook, twitter, etc.).
- Use asynchronous interaction tools (discussion forums, blogs, wikis, portfolios, etc.) for educational purposes
- Use synchronous interaction tools (MSN -chats-, Skype, webex, Elluminate, google drive, webcam use) for educational purposes.
3. Investigate the use and application of educational technologies.
- Apply research methodologies for the analysis of the use and application of educational technologies.
- Identify problems and needs in learning situations where technologies are incorporated.
- Search and select relevant information in various sources for the use and application of educational technologies / ICT.
- Inquire about learning situations where the educational technologies are applied.
- Solve problems through scientific research.
4. Know emerging technologies and their educational uses.
- Use different emerging technologies.
- Apply knowledge of emerging technologies for the development of new skills related to ICT.
- Adapt educational models for the use of emerging technologies.
- Identify emerging technologies used in other countries and educational levels.
- Have a professional degree.
- Have obtained a 80/100 or above average or equivalent in their professional studies.
- Present Admission Test Graduate Studies (PEAP) ITESM and get a score less than 500 points.
- Submit an application for admission accompanied by all the required documents.