Master in Data Management and Technological Innovation
The Master in Data Management and Technological Innovation of OBS is designed to provide managers and professionals (Data Manager) the keys to the management of information systems in an organization, with special attention to the Data Management environment and, more specifically, the Big Data.
This is a project to make the most of technology, against programs showing what the technology available allows Masters. Technology is a tool and service that should contribute to achieving strategic goals of the company.
Some of the sectors that can work are:
- Investment banking and private
- Retail Company
- General Manufacturing and production
- Non-governmental organizations
- Insurance companies
- eCommerce and Social Media
- Asset Management
- Multinational companies
- Small and medium enterprises
- Information technology companies
- Multilateral financial institutions
Objectives of the Master in Management and Technological Innovation Data
What goals are going to get?
- Knowing what the Big Data Management and Data, its impact on organizations and the benefits it can bring its adoption.
- Identify opportunities for Strategic Information Management.
- Familiarize yourself with the hardware and software architectures on the market.
- Manage correctly the legal implications of the use of data (privacy, security and data protection).
- Understand how to carry out a project of Big Data.
- Learn sophisticated techniques of data processing: Real-time analysis, MPP (Massively Parallel Processing), predictive modeling, analytics Web, Social Networks, Social CRM.
- Get a second accredited by the most reputable business school in Spain, EAE Business School, as ranked Merco (2014) and guaranteed qualification for a major public universities in Spain, the University of Barcelona (UB), with more than 560 year history.
Curriculum Master in Data Management and Technological Innovation
The program is divided into 5 sections:
- INITIATION: Innovation Management; Data Management.
- BIG DATA: The Big Data challenge; systems architecture and technology for Big Data.
- DEEPENING: Business Intelligence (BI) and Business Analytics (BA) facing Big Data; management of technology projects; Social CRM; Data Integration & Business Process Management (BPM).
- MANAGEMENT: Technology Management and IT governance; regulations in the world on data management.
- FINAL PROJECT.
Data Requirements Master in Management and Technological Innovation
The fundamental goal of our admissions process is to ensure the suitability of candidates. All participants must get the most out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop a long-term relationship with classmates, teachers and alumni.
These are the stages of the admission process:
- Prerequisites for admission
- Application for admission
- Personal interview
- Motivation letter
- Admissions Committee evaluation
Master Degree in Data Management and Technological Innovation
People who pass the evaluation of the program and meet the academic requirements established by the UB, will be awarded the UB (University of Barcelona). In addition, all persons who pass the assessment will receive the degree of EAE Business School.
To obtain the degree of UB is necessary to have University Degree (Engineering Degree or Diploma). Failure to have a University Degree, once passed the different assessments, a diploma of university extension of UB is obtained.
Financial Aid Master in Data Management and Technological Innovation
OBS offers candidates the scholarship program to promote continuing education for professionals, entrepreneurs and managers. To apply for one of these grants, which fund part of the program, candidates must be admitted to the program and meet the specified requirements.
The Admissions and Scholarship Committee will assess the adequacy of the profile and the career of the candidates, the reasons given in the letter of scholarship application and the candidate's professional and academic recommendations.