Master in Financial Advice and Asset Management
Online master in financial investment advice and management.
The Master in Financial Advice provides its participants with a broad and complete knowledge of the area of wealth management and portfolios, being completed with an extensive introductory block to learn how financial markets and financial institutions work.
The program is designed for students to acquire those skills and knowledge that allow them to improve their professional performance, either in areas of wealth management in entities such as private banking or asset managers, as in other related jobs. Students will strengthen competencies in line with the trends in the demands of the global labor market and the requirements demanded by major companies seeking an expert profile in financial wealth advice.
The Master in Banking and Finance at OBS Business School enables you to obtain the different professional Certifications for financial advice from the EFA (European Financial Advisor). Having a professional certification for financial advice is vital for financial professionals, since the financial guidelines at European level will require in the medium-long term that everyone who operates in financial markets as advisors is professionally qualified.
- Fund management
- Financial advisory boutiques
- Asset management Private banking
- EAFI Hedge funds
- Stock Market Management
- Regulatory bodies Asset management
- Family offices Commercial banking
- Provide students with a solid foundation of how financial markets work according to their typology.
- Personalized analysis of potential clients and the parameters to be taken into account, to recommend a specific investment.
- Knowledge of the factors of the macroeconomic and geopolitical environment at international level, which influence the financial markets and condition the definition of the investment strategy.
- Know the wide range of investment alternatives and deepen in each of them.
- To deepen the psychology of the investor to know and evaluate the personal and family motivations that condition his investment decisions.
- Assist students who are wishing to obtain the European Financial Advisor (EFA) accreditation, granted by EFPA, to prepare it.
The modules are distributed in different blocks on which the program pivots, in addition to an introductory course before starting. The subjects are as follows:
Likewise, four specialized workshops are held throughout the year, which complement the agenda evaluated in the EFA exam. The following topics are covered:
- Taxation of investment products
- Insurance and pension plans
- Regulation and regulatory framework
- Investment simulator
Finally, the student also has the opportunity to conduct a preparation seminar for the completion of the EFA exam.
The structure and duration of the Master in Financial Advice and Asset Management allows us to ensure the achievement of the aforementioned objectives.
- Module 1. Financial Advice
- Module 2. Economic Environment
- Module 3. Financial System
- Module 4. Valuation Methodologies
- Module 5. Financial Products
- Module 6. Collective Investment Institutions
- Module 7. Real Estate Planning
- Module 8. Portfolio Management
- Module 9. Private Banking
- Module 10. Financial Ethics
- Master's Final Project
The fundamental objective of our admission process is to ensure the suitability of the candidates. All participants should get the most out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop a long-term relationship with classmates, teachers and alumni.
These are the stages of the admission process:
- Prerequisites for admission
- Admission request
- Personal interview
- Motivation letter
- Admissions Committee Evaluation
Master's Degree in Financial Advice and Asset Management
People who pass the evaluation of the program and meet the academic requirements established by the UB, will obtain their own degree from the UB (University of Barcelona).
In order to obtain the UB's own degree it is necessary to have a University Degree Degree (Engineering, Bachelor's Degree or Diploma). In case of not having a University Degree, once the different evaluations have been passed, a university extension diploma from the UB will be obtained.