Master in Banking, Financial Markets and Wealth Management
The Master in Banking, Financial Markets and Asset Management aims to train professionals in the financial and wealth advisory services with competence, skills and abilities to develop their activities in the global, diverse and multidisciplinary environment.
In recent years, asset management is one of the economic areas that has undergone a major transformation based fundamentally on three pillars: banks, with a large increase in supply and variety of financial products in which we invest, financial markets increasingly complex, with a close relationship with the geopolitical news and the speed at which events unfold and finally, people with greater financial culture that fosters a more active and direct participation in management their heritage. We are facing a higher level of complexity and the need for highly specialized professionals.
The Master in Banking, Financial Markets and Asset Management OBS enables you to obtain various certifications for professional financial advice EFPA (European Financial Planning Association) certification and training provides you with international vision, to progress successfully in your career in the financial sector, enabling you comprehensively in banking and in the management of portfolios and assets, as well as the respective related services.
Some of the career options you can choose to, among others, are:
- Fund management
- Financial advisory boutiques
- Wealth Management Private Banking
- Hedge funds EAFI
- Regulators Asset Management
- Family Business Banking offices
Objectives of the Master in Banking, Financial Markets and Wealth Management
What goals are going to get?
- Determine the idiosyncrasies of the various financial markets worldwide, according to their type (fixed income, equities and currencies).
- Customized analysis of potential customers and the parameters to consider, to recommend a particular investment.
- Knowledge of macroeconomic factors and geopolitical environment internationally, influencing the financial markets and influence the definition of the investment strategy.
- Identify the main characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of different investment alternatives.
- Study investor psychology to understand and evaluate the personal motivations and family influencing their investment decisions.
- Get a second accredited by the most reputable business school in Spain, EAE Business School, as ranked Merco (2014) and guaranteed qualification for a major public universities in Spain, the University of Barcelona (UB), with more than 560 year history.
Curriculum of the Master in Banking and Financial Markets
The program lasts 12 months and can be started in May or November of each year month. It comprises a total of 10 modules, divided into 3 blocks, and a final project being developed along the Master. Also, several additional training activities such as workshops, seminars, workshops, simulations, which complement the academic content with practical real situations develop.
Requirements Master in Banking and Financial Markets
The fundamental goal of our admissions process is to ensure the suitability of candidates. All participants must get the most out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop a long-term relationship with classmates, teachers and alumni.
These are the stages of the admission process: 1. Prerequisites for admission in February. Admission 3. Personal Interview 4. Cover letter in May. 6 Assessment Admissions Committee. Matriculation
Degree of Master in Banking and Financial Markets
People who pass the evaluation of the program and meet the academic requirements established by the UB, will be awarded the UB (University of Barcelona). In addition, all persons who pass the assessment will receive the degree of EAE Business School.
To obtain the degree of UB is necessary to have University Degree (Engineering Degree or Diploma). Failure to have a University Degree, once passed the different assessments, a diploma of university extension of UB is obtained.
Financial Aid Master in Banking, Financial Markets and Wealth Management
OBS offers candidates the scholarship program to promote continuing education for professionals, entrepreneurs and managers. To apply for one of these grants, which fund part of the program, candidates must be admitted to the program and meet the specified requirements.
The Admissions and Scholarship Committee will assess the adequacy of the profile and the career of the candidates, the reasons given in the letter of scholarship application and the candidate's professional and academic recommendations.