* According to the latest study conducted by the consultancy GAD3 (June 2017)
With this Master's you will discover the application of neuropsychology in the learning process and its contribution to the development of basic skills, such as the process of reading and writing, visual and auditory skills and other key aspects such as laterality, creativity in the classroom, etc.
In a practical way, this Master in neuroeducation addresses issues such as:
- Will the student's reading comprehension improve if the student's eye movements improve?
- Does educational neuropsychology have an answer for attention deficit hyperactivity problems?
- Can I develop creativity in the classroom to enhance neurodevelopment? How?
- Can talent and high capabilities be detected? What programs can be applied in the classroom to properly serve these students?
- What factors of laterality influence mathematics?
- Does the development of basic neuropsychological skills help to improve disorders such as dyslexia and dyscalculia?
Directed and supported by a reference faculty , experts in education, neuropsychology and child psychology, the Master provides you with solid, advanced and practical knowledge on the field of educational neuropsychology applied to learning, care, prevention, development and specific needs of the students.
This official Master in Neuropsychology and Distance Education prepares you to adapt your classes in an effective way with the aim of improving school performance and overcoming school failure, as well as to provide an updated educational response to social demands. You will know how to design interventions oriented to the potential brain development of your students.
A Master with a practical approach so you can use what you have learned in your class from the first day.
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Start: September 6, 2018
- Methodology: Remote, 100% online
- Exams: Attendance at the end of each semester
- Practices: Compulsory and face-to-face practices only in the professional itinerary
- Doctorate Access: This official Master's degree allows the incorporation to official doctorate programs
First Semester 30 ECTS
- Visual and Auditory Functionality for Reading, Language, Languages and Learning
- Tactile Levels, Motricity, Laterality and Writing
- Processes of Memory, Skills and ICT
- Neurolinguistic Processes, Difficulties and Intervention Programs
- Investigation methodology
Second Semester 30 ECTS
- Multiple Intelligences, Creativity, Talent and High Capabilities
- Dyslexia, dyscalculia and hyperactivity
- Final Master's Project
The UNIR study method is flexible, personalized and effective. The methodology is based on online live classes and personal tutor to offer the best training.
The UNIR pedagogical model is effective because it is based on a totally online methodology so that each student can study at their own pace:
- Live online classes: There are classes scheduled every day of the week in the morning and afternoon so you can attend class when it is best for you.
- Online classes in deferred: If you could not attend a class or you stayed with questions, you can access all your classes in deferred. You can see them whenever you want and as many times as you need.
- Personal tutor: The first day you will be assigned a personal tutor. You will be in contact with him by phone and email. He will support you in your day to day and solve any doubts that may arise.
- Virtual Campus: Everything you need to study at UNIR is on campus: classes, teachers, classmates, the library, teaching resources, schedules, chat, forums and much more.
- Teaching resources: You will have access to different learning resources to complete your training: complementary readings, diagrams with key ideas, self-assessment test, etc.
The subjects of this Postgraduate Course in Neuropsychology and Education will be evaluated through a final in-person test and continuous evaluation.
- Final examination in person (represents 60% of the grade): it has a basic character and only when the grade established for the pass is exceeded can the qualification be completed with the specific continuous assessment procedures established by each subject.
- Continuous evaluation (representing 40% of the grade) includes the following criteria:
- Participation of the student: it is evaluated having the use the participation in the virtual face-to-face sessions, in forums and tutorials.
- Works, projects and cases: this criterion evaluates the activities that the student sends through the virtual classroom, such as works, projects or practical cases.
- Self-assessment test: at the end of each subject, students can perform this type of test, which allows the teacher to assess the interest of the student in the subject.
- External Practices: a continuous evaluation will be carried out during the realization of the same both by a tutor assigned by the company and by the professor of the subject. The final grade will be obtained based on the following criteria:
- Evaluation of the external tutor: 40%
- Practice report, tutored and corrected by a professor at the university: 60%
- Final Master's Project: object of continuous monitoring by the director of the Final Master's Project, which will be the one that finally gives the final approval. The final evaluation will correspond to a commission composed of three professors from the knowledge area. The commission will assess not only the project, but also the oral defense of it. It will be evaluated as follows:
- Organization: Attend to the structure and organization of the Final Master's Project: 30% (it is the evaluation obtained from the assessment of the subject "Introduction to the Final Master's Project").
- Exhibition: Assess the clarity in the exhibition, as well as the writing and the capacity for synthesis, analysis and response: 30%.
- Content: The work's memory and all the rest of the supporting technical documentation will be taken as reference to verify the validity of the exhibition. The capacity of synthesis and its easy reading will be valued. The correction and clarity of the expression, both written and graphic, will also be assessed: 40%.
With this online Master in Neuropsychology and Education you can work as:
- Teacher expert in neuropsychological processes.
- Counselor specialized in improving school performance.
- Specialist in attention to the diversity of students.
- Project advisor of educational neuropsychology.
- Access to the doctorate: you will obtain the necessary knowledge to get started in the investigation of neuropsychology applied to the processes of school learning.
- Guidance Departments, such as School Psychologists, according to their professional qualifications, for the prevention of learning difficulties, the development of skills and to give an educational response to talented and highly qualified students. Graduates are trained to incorporate new diagnostic instruments and perform intervention programs for the development of neuropsychological skills related to school performance.
- Educational Centers, according to their professional qualifications, for teaching and guidance to students in the different stages of education: Early Childhood, Primary, Secondary and Baccalaureate. The graduates are trained to guide and support the teaching staff in the design of pedagogical strategies plans to optimize the development of the potential of the students. Likewise, they are trained to guide in the detection of difficulties in learning and to attend to the diversity of students, through personalized and qualified attention.
- Specialized centers, according to their professional qualifications, to carry out diagnoses and apply specific intervention programs to cases of students who come to the consultation to overcome learning difficulties and developmental disorders.