The Master of Military History is an official degree of II livello (second level) of the Pegasus University of Italy, which gives access to the doctorate due to its adaptation and reception to the Bologna plan and the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). This master's degree focuses on the records of armed conflicts in the history of mankind, including the evolution of materials, weapons, tactics and strategies employed throughout history.
What content does this online master have?
In the modules of this official master's degree in Military History you will see all those events that occurred over the years that can be considered within the category of social conflicts, going through fights between tribes to the great wars of Humanity.
The interesting military activity will be covered from the beginning of the wars to our time, considering the possible nuclear, biological and chemical wars.
Main areas of military history
- History of wars, battles and combats.
- History of military art.
- History of each specific military service.
Important concepts that you will study with this professional training
Some concepts that you will see when studying this master's degree in Military History are very important and will give you the base to be able to dedicate yourself professionally to this area.
Classification of war types:
- Conventional: well-identified armed forces fighting each other openly and directly. Without weapons of mass destruction.
- Unconventional: include incursions, guerrilla warfare, insurgency and terrorism. In addition, it can include nuclear, chemical or biological warfare.
These categories are integrated into two others of higher order:
- War of high intensity: is the war between two superpowers or large nations fighting for political or economic interests.
- War of low intensity: insurgency of a dominant army, guerrilla war and troops fighting against a revolution.
Curriculum of the Official Master of Military History
- Military History of the Civilizations - Wars of Antiquity
- History of the Great War Conflicts of the Middle Ages
- History of Combat Tactics and Techniques in the Wars of the Modern Age
- Evolution of Military Uniforms throughout History
- Statistics, Military and Strategists of Military History
- The Great Naval Battles, Landings and Amphibious Operations of History
- History of Contemporary Armed Conflicts
- Military History of the Great Conflicts: World War II 1939-1945
- History of Military Engineering. The Evolution of the Wars through Armament, Equipment and Technology
- Military History of the Great Conflicts: The Spanish Civil War 1936-1939
- Research Methodology in Social Sciences
- Final Master's Project (TFM)
Qualification of the Official Master of Military History
Students who have access to the master's degree in Military History with the academic degree, degree or equivalent will receive a double degree:
1.- Official Title of the Pegasus University of Italy (Master di II Livello )
'Master's Degree in Military History'
2.- Own Title of Iniseg
'Master in Military History'
Students who have accessed without academic qualification, will receive exclusively the INISEG own degree.
Requirements to study Official Master's Degree in Military History
To access this master's degree in Military History it is necessary to have a university degree (undergraduate, degree or diploma) completed.
Anyone interested in military history, the army or security and defense is eligible to enter this online course.
Professional outputs of the Official Master of Military History
When you finish your studies of the official master's degree in Military History, you will be an expert in the subject and will be able to make a specialized analysis of all the armed conflicts that have been developed and thus support the work of historians in archives, interpretation centers, museums and many other related professions such as dedication to teaching or teaching or belonging to the Armed Forces.
Program taught in: