The Master in Migration and Attention to Refugees offered by the Seneca Institute, aims to respond to the need for qualification that is needed in an area that demands professional attention, in response to the delicate situation presented by migrant and refugee groups.
In the last two decades we have witnessed the multiplication of migratory flows in the five continents, whether they are voluntary or forced migrations, because of wars, ethnic or religious intolerance and lack of physical and food security, in failed states or with high degrees of failure.
In this sense, this Master in Migration and Refugee Care offers, through its complete program, a qualification to face the difficult challenge of integrating, temporarily or permanently to the migrant population, as well as to propose viable alternatives of co-development for the benefit of the places of origin of the returned migrant.
This Master's Degree in Migration and Refugee Care, 600 hours long and 60 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System), is a Title of the Catholic University of Murcia, under the agreement signed between the Seneca Institute and the UCAM.
This course is offered exclusively in the "on-line" version.
Who is it for?
This Master in Migration and Refugee Care is aimed at qualified personnel dedicated to the international civil service; to officials of governmental institutions; to NGO technicians; to social agents; and to those who exercise international volunteering.
- Qualified staff in international organizations
- International public function in intergovernmental organizations
- Officials of governmental institutions
- Technicians in non-governmental organizations - NGO
- Social agents
- Intercultural mediators
- International volunteering
- To train experts who understand the migratory phenomenon from a multiple perspective.
- Learn to design, propose and promote effective and realistic migration policies.
- Identify the main causes of voluntary migration and forced migration.
- Know the impacts of the migration phenomenon in order to attend them diligently.
- Apply the existing regulations in the different areas related to immigrant groups.
- Anticipate crisis situations to act proactively.
- Use intercultural mediation as a means of conflict resolution.
- Develop awareness strategies to engage society with the migrant.
The program of this Master in Migration and Refugee Care, the most complete of the market, consists of 8 modules, among which are:
Module I - Migratory Flows
The economy, its cycles and migratory flows. The underdevelopment. The endomigrations. Emigration, its origin. Immigration, its causes The levels of immigration focus. Others.
Module II - The Migration Process
Phases of the process. Types of migrations The asimilation. The integration. Acculturation Migration and gender perspective. Others.
Module III - Regulation of International Migration
The IOM Rights and duties of migrants. International Migration Law. Immigration and asylum from the perspective of Public International Law. Immigration and asylum from the perspective of the European Union. Others.
Module IV - The Intercultural Perspective
Globalization and migration. Intercultural mediation The multiculturalism Interculturality Key approaches to diversity. The media and the migratory phenomenon Others.
Module V - Integration Policies
In the linguistic field. In the field of health, education, work, housing, etc. Family reunification Others
Module VI - Migrant Assistance Programs
Psycho-social intervention programs. Integrative approach between immigrant minorities and autochthonous majorities. International Cooperation and Co-development. The social agents. Others.
Module VII - Forced Migrations
Identification of critical factors. Issuing countries and receiving countries. Temporary solutions and permanent solutions. The status of refugees. The asylum application Statelessness Others.
Module VIII - Migration Crises
- The phases of a crisis and its management. Communication in times of crisis. Logistics and coordination of the actors involved in the care of displaced persons and refugees. Others.
(fill in the form to know the complete contents of each Module)
Duration and price
Calls: two per year (May and October)
Duration: 12 months (one year)
Price: € 1,850 (subsidized by the Seneca Foundation)
About the School
El Instituto Séneca, Centro Internacional de Postgrado, con base en Madrid, y presente en el campo de la formación desde hace más de 20 años, diseña y elabora una serie de programas que dan respuesta ... Read More