Director: Ms. Tahina Ojeda Medina
Title: Master's Degree in Development and International Cooperation
Own title: Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset
Credits: 60 ECTS
Price: 4,000 euros
Information and contact: email@example.com
The Master in Development and International Cooperation has been designed to train technicians, cooperation agents and public policy decision-makers capable of managing the resources mobilized in this field with optimum results. It is essential to have professionals capable of promoting development from the different bodies that manage these resources: international organizations, NGDOs, state, regional and local cooperation agencies; ministerial dependencies, companies, foundations, etc. For this reason, and from a training that combines theoretical, methodological and practical modules in a balanced way, this online program guarantees the training of the technicians and development agents that the cooperation system demands.
The online Master in Development and International Cooperation responds to the need to train experts capable of designing and executing programs and strategies that offer development results and that can respond in an effective and innovative way to the demands of the current cooperation system. That is why it intends to meet the following objectives:
• To make known in depth the principles, operation and logic of the international cooperation system, its actors, policies and instruments to promote, from a critical reflection, programs that have a positive impact on the eradication of the structures that generate and perpetuate poverty.
• Train the student in the identification, formulation, execution, monitoring and evaluation of development programs; ensuring this training both in relation to the projects carried out by agencies and cooperation agencies, and for the public programs and policies implemented by the governments of countries of the South with resources from cooperation in any of its modalities.
Students who pass the master's degree will receive the online Master's Degree in Development and International Cooperation , issued by the Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset of Madrid.
The challenges we face as an international society present an increasingly global character and require coordinated efforts to address them. In addition, poverty and inequality are multidimensional phenomena that require technicians trained in various professional fields with knowledge of international cooperation.
These studies contribute to the creation of a professional profile capable of working in organizations dedicated to the development and fight against poverty, both in the public and private sectors.
The professional opportunities are of the most varied nature, some of them are: ONDG and third sector, international cooperation offices of national or local character, international organizations, private companies with corporate social responsibility policies, international cooperation agencies, public foundations or private, international volunteering activities, consultancy and consulting in public development programs and policies, etc.
Admission requirements and selection criteria
Candidates to take the online Master's Degree in International Development and Cooperation must have an official university degree, issued by a higher education institution, attesting to their status as a Bachelor .
To start the admission process, you must send the following documents to the program coordinator ( firstname.lastname@example.org ):
• Copy of the Degree and of the Academic File
• Brief Curriculum Vitae
• Photocopy of the identity document (DNI or Passport)
Pre-registration and admission process
The regular pre-admission period, for the 2018/2019 academic year, ends on January 30, 2019. During the same the student must send the request for admission to the address email@example.com , forwarding the following scanned documentation and submitting the original ones by mail to the postal address: Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset (c / Fortuny, 53 - 28010-MADRID).
Brief explanatory memory of the reasons for carrying out the program (20-25 lines).
Photocopy of passport or ID.
2 Passport size photographs.
Photocopy of the Superior Degree of graduate and graduate.
Letters of recommendation (optional).
Photocopy of the certification of the studies carried out that shows the official duration, in academic years, of the curriculum followed, the subjects studied and the workload of each of them.
The Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset notify the student of the pre-admission and from that moment on, he will have a period of 10 days for the interested party to formalize the reservation of the place.
The Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset reserves the right to cancel the Master's edition, if there is not enough students to guarantee the viability of the same.
The program will begin to be taught in February 2019 and will last until December 2019, with a load of 60 ECTS equivalent to a master's presence of 600 hours.
Academic activities and classes will be extended between the start date of the course and the month of July, with the rest of the time devoted to the elaboration of the master's thesis, with the support of a tutor / tutor.
The master is divided into an introduction, five modules and fifteen subjects.
Each subject will have a specialist teacher in the subject, a Didactic Guide, a Didactic Unit and additional study materials for the fulfillment of the following academic program:
Presentation and management of the virtual platform.
Module I. Development and international cooperation.
1. Development, poverty and inequality.
2. International cooperation for development.
3. Institutions and actors of the system of international cooperation for development.
4. Instruments and financing of international cooperation for development.
5. South-South Cooperation and Triangular Cooperation.
Module II. Sectors of action of international cooperation
6. Human rights and development.
7. Gender and development.
8. Environment and development.
9. Other sectors of international cooperation.
Module III.- Public policies for development
10. Design and execution of public policies.
11. Evaluation of public policies.
Module IV. Projects of Cooperation for the development: approaches of management.
12. Logical Framework Approach (LFA).
13. Approach based on Human Rights (EBDH).
14. Management for Development Results (MfDR).
15. Evaluation of development projects.
Module V. Preparation of master's thesis
Evaluation and titling system
Each of the subjects that make up the modules of the Master will have a specific evaluation test. The obtaining of the title will be subject to the fulfillment of the following requirements:
• Participation in the activities proposed by each teacher in their subject, as well as the overcoming of the evaluation established by them (when scored above 10, the minimum grade required in said evaluation must be at least 5). The evaluation will consist of the preparation of an essay or exercise, according to the criteria established by the teacher, or the performance of a content development examination.
• The completion of a final master's degree project that demonstrates the knowledge and competences acquired in the Master. This thesis must be a quality work whose qualification can not be less than 5. In addition to the delivery of the work done, each student must defend it before a Court appointed for this purpose and composed of teachers of the program. The defense will be done using the tools available in the online platform.
Once the aforementioned requirements have been satisfactorily met, the student will receive the online Master's Degree in Development and International Cooperation , the title of Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset , a center recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education for the award of graduate degrees since 1986 .
The online Master in Development and International Cooperation is taught entirely in the virtual modality from a platform belonging to the IUIOG that has a series of teaching resources that guarantee a quality learning and an effective application of the acquired knowledge. To access all of them the student should only have an internet connection and a conventional web browser.
The Master has been developed taking full advantage of the possibilities offered by a virtual campus. The subjects of study are structured around a Didactic Unit elaborated by the professor in charge of imparting it, which always follows the same format: Objectives, Learning Activities, Evaluation System, Contents, Compulsory Readings and Recommended Bibliography. All materials (bibliography, documents, electronic resources, etc.) required and recommended for the development of the course will be available to students in the online platform of the Master.
The study methodology of the online course will have:
• Guardianship or follow-up of the students by the teachers assigned to each of the modules, as well as answer to the doubts that the students may pose. The tutelage supposes the individual or group supervision of the acquisition of the knowledge that is pursued with this program.
• E-face tutoring (chat, email) for the preparation of the master's thesis. Each of the students will have a tutor who will accompany and advise in the process of preparing the final work.
• Virtual platform accessible from any device. On the platform, the students will have the materials, forums, etc.
• Evaluation exercises: a series of exercises may be carried out to check the rate of acquisition of the knowledge required to obtain the degree. Each of these exercises will be informed in a timely manner to the students.
Scholarships of the ALUMNI Program
Former students of Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset will be entitled to a 5% discount on any new program they enroll. This discount, which will be considered a scholarship, will be applied to the tuition fee.
The discount will be applied in the last installment of the payment of the tuition. To apply for this scholarship, the student will have to send to the secretariat of the Institute an application requesting it and the documentation that proves to have been a student of the Institute.
In no case, this discount will be applied to second or successive enrollments of subjects that have not been approved or to subjects of the same program that have not been completed in the first year of enrollment.
Find out about the preferred financing conditions for your postgraduate studies. We believe that economic issues should not be an obstacle in your training.
Permanency Regulations (IUIOG)
Students enrolled in the IUIOG's own degree programs have two examinations (ordinary / extraordinary) per subject in each academic year and must complete the studies, at most, in two academic years counted from their first enrollment.
Convocation of grace
In exceptional cases, the student may request, through an instance addressed to the Academic Directorate of IUIOG, the granting of one year of grace that allows him to enroll in the degree in order to reach the established controls.
The Call for Grace Application must be presented in the academic year immediately after the year in which the permanence ends and must demonstrate and demonstrate that special circumstances have occurred that have prevented the student from having a full dedication to the studies.
The Academic Committee will resolve previous report of the Academic Direction of the Program and will communicate to the student / a for its effects.