INTRODUCTION AND OBJECTIVES
This puts you in master knowledge and skills that will allow you to study spatial planning and environmental management and deepen in all fields that explore the relationship between society and territory.
Starting from own integrative approach to geography, these studies enable you to participate in projects related to land use planning and environmental management, applied to different environments and geographical scales: urban and rural; coastal areas, inland or mountain areas.
One of the strengths of the program are field trips, with which you can elaborate on the ground in the areas of the master.
Also, the training acquired will help you master the different strategies and guidelines for local and regional development and utilization of land resources available, from an ethical, responsible and sustainable perspective.
With this curriculum:
- You will develop key to professionally devote to territorial planning skills, the analysis of rural and urban space and environmental management.
- Know correctly interpret social structures and dynamics and territorial.
- You will make effective use of the instruments of analysis, planning and land management.
- You're ready / a to design plans and actions for local and regional development and use of land resources available.
- You will learn to write reports and opinions on territorial, sectoral and strategic plans, master plans, management plans for natural areas and land use plans.
- You will acquire the guidelines to make decisions in accordance with the principles of sustainability, social and territorial responsibility and equity.
At the end and overcome your studies get the Master in Territorial Planning and Environmental Management, an official certificate that gives you the University of Barcelona. This qualification is recognized and adapted to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and it'll increase your career options and / or extend your studies to access a doctorate.
To access this master's degree, and in accordance with the provisions in Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/2007 of 29 October, must be in possession of one of these qualifications:
- Spanish official university degree.
- Title issued by an institution of higher education that empowers the EHEA in the country of dispatch, in accessing official master's teachings.
- University degree outside the EHEA. In that case, I must homologate a Spanish official university degree or seek prior verification (without approval) by the University of Barcelona, to confirm that the courses taken are per equivalent to that of the official Spanish university qualification studies and empower you in the country issuing the degree, access to official master studies. Acceptance into an official master does not, in any case, prior approval of title or recognition for purposes other than pursue a master's teaching.
In order to provide you access to your studies, UNIBA offers you various types of scholarships:
- Academic merit scholarships
- Own scholarships: awarded to students with good professional record by the admissions committee.
- Scholarships and grants the Ministry of Education or other state government agencies.
At all times our educational advisors will inform you of the validity of each and can guide you on the needs and steps to follow when applying for any of these scholarships.
Obtaining a Masters in Regional Planning and Environmental Management empowers you to work in the following areas:
- Architectural firms.
- Companies and institutions, both public and private, engaged in the planning and land management.
- Consulting and companies specializing in environmental management
- Quality management.
- Schools, performing teaching duties.