Masters in Gastronomy
Differentiate the use of imagination and innovation
The great vocation that exists today gastronomy, in a country with such an extraordinary wealth of hospitality and tourism, should be brought to the professional field of a coherent, realistic and effective way, adapting to the current demands of specialization and competitiveness.
As School of Hospitality in this master in gastronomy offer comprehensive training from elementary ethics of the profession, developing the ability to adapt to new trends and the use of imagination and innovation as differentiators.
This Masters in Gastronomy allow you develop professionally beyond the kitchen and dining rooms, both technical and humanistic knowledge, implicándote in the reality of the production processes, research and innovation, making you assume the responsibilities and commitments that today requires the business world.
- The Introduction to the professional kitchen - Modern kitchen. Preliminary Operations in Modern Kitchen. Meet the Food Processing as: Vegetables, Eggs, Soups, Stews, Rice, Pasta, Vegetables, Seafood, Steaks, etc.. Management and Organization Department cuisine. Study and logistics on menus and cards.
- Advanced Professional Cookery - Pioneering in gastronomy. The culinary revolution. Advanced Cooking Equipment. New optimization tools. Advanced cooking techniques and conservation. The global pantry. Products, textures and spices. Catering and communities. Production and purchasing management. Research, development and innovation in the kitchen. The food industry and quality standards. Communication and marketing in the kitchen. New management models.
- Hygiene and Food Safety - Hygiene, food safety and public health. Food handlers. Good hygiene practice. Service and traceability.
- History of gastronomy - Birth of the kitchen. The Ancient Near East. The kitchen in the Classical World: Greece and Rome. The Arab and andasulí kitchen. European cuisine in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. The kitchen of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. The nineteenth century French and Belle époque. The present and the "new kitchen".
- New Culinary Techniques - New Tools and Machines. Textures: thickeners, gelling agents and stabilizers. New Cooking Techniques. New ingredients. Cookbook.
- Pastry - Pastry: history and art. Installation and specific machinery. Knowledge of raw materials. Bodies bisque. Friable masses. Creams and derivatives. Mousses and families. Fermented doughs. Cold world. Mignardises. Pastry for coeliacs. Cakes. Trends and references. Get dining and links of interest.
- Chocolate and Pastry Arts - Study chocolate. Bombonería. Pastry restaurant. Chocolate pastry workshop. Sugar. Chocolate artistic.
- Salada Pastry - Introduction to the world of savory pastries. Tools. Pastry dough. Bodies scalded. Bodies of puff pastry. Liquid masses. Flatbreads. Mass breeze and orly dough. Cakes applying the studied masses. Sandwiches
- Workshop knowledge and tasting Spanish olive oils - The different types of olive oil and ranking. The main olive varieties and their geographical distribution. Oil processing. Benefits of its application in kitchen. Organoleptic analysis of virgin olive oils.
- Kitchens of the World - Introduction to international cuisine. French and Northern European cuisine. Italian cuisine. Mediterranean and Jewish cuisine. African and North African cuisine. Indian and Southeast Asian cuisine. Chinese and Japanese cuisine. South American and Caribbean cuisine. Mexican cuisine and the United States. vegetarian cuisine.
With the Masters in Gastronomy we get that:
- Know Spanish cuisine and culture
- Learn the working methods and perfect your cooking techniques
- You obtain the basis for continuing professional development in the future
- Fomentes ongoing processes and personal renewal in this type of competition and innovation in hospitality companies
- Ocupes positions, which will head the various processes involved in catering companies
The Masters in Gastronomy is aimed at all people who want to make their profession gastronomy, as it is one of the most dynamic sectors.
In this profession is essential to have an academic background in order to access the best gastronomic offers nationally and / or internationally, or to manage and run your own business. You will also have career opportunities as the chef and / or executive chef.
Access to Masters in Gastronomy what can be done by one of two ways:
- Having a university degree or
- Have professional experience. In this case, a committee will assess your knowledge and experience.
This school offers programs in: