The general goal of this Master's Degree in Education and ICT could be defined, in a broad sense, as the training of experts with advanced knowledge and with competencies to research in: teaching-learning processes supported in ICT and developed through virtual environments programs training and educational innovation projects on ICT in formal educational institutions (both school and university) and non-formal design and development of educational software, online teaching materials, digital content and educational applications distributed through digital media and technologies.
Through this master's degree graduates in degrees such as Pedagogy, Teacher, Social Educator, Psychologist, Communication or Computer Engineer can specialize in the academic and researcher of education and ICT.
ICTs or Information and Communication Technologies (Internet, mobile telephony, Web 2.0, social networks, email, video games, augmented reality, ...) have broken out in all areas of our life that impose new forms and processes of communication and cultural expression. Today, surf the net, know how to find the necessary information, send and receive e-mail, communicate interactively in real or deferred time through computers with other people on social networks, know how to create mutimedia documents to distribute through the web or through blogs, wikis or any other social media tool are, among other things, knowledge and skills that any citizen must master in order to be able to intelligently perform in the new environments and spaces that shape digital technologies.
At the same time, educational activity is also affected by the expansion of ICT. At present, concepts such as eLearning, multimedia educational material, digital content, virtual campus, edublog, educational portal, e-learning, virtual learning environment, educational apps, learning gammatization, educational social networks, e-portfolios, personal learning environments PLE), MOOCs, ubiquitous and invisible learning, among others, are the evidence that digital technologies are already a reality in the practice of education.
Practically every public administration responsible for the school system, any university institution, any private training company, any association or pedagogical group, have technological tools that allow them to offer and develop activities supported by the use of ICTs ... In this way, the use of digital technologies for educational purposes is an economic sector that, for a decade, is constantly growing.
Entry and exit profile
The Master is open to any university degree, but especially it is aimed at graduates from the Faculties of Education, University Teaching Schools, and other university centers that participate in the training of educators and / or teachers of any educational level, as well as of the Superior Technical Schools of Informatics. The preferred qualifications are:
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Master's Degree in Primary Education
- Degree of Pedagogy
- Degree of Social Education
- Bachelor in Pedagogy,
- Bachelor in Psychopedagogy
- Diploma of Social Education
- Master's degrees in its various modalities (Children, Primary, Foreign Languages, Physical Education, Music Education, Speech Therapy)
- Technical Engineers in Computer Science
- Degree in Computer Engineering
- Degree of Computer Engineering
- Master's in Training of Teaching Staff of Compulsory Secondary Education, Baccalaureate, Vocational Training and Language Teaching
- Other postgraduate qualifications accrediting training in the field of education
Likewise, when offered at a distance, this Master also opens its doors to the students of other Spanish universities of the previous degrees, but mainly to students coming from Latin American countries.
It is intended that the graduate in this Master obtain the specialized academic knowledge and skills that allow him to develop applied research in sectors such as:
- Educational Research Centers (Observatories, Foundations, Universities)
- Editorials of textbooks and teaching materials
- ELearning and distance learning companies
- Creation and development of computer applications
- Educational administration: CEPs, Public educational centers, etc.
- Private educational centers
- Elearning units or cabinets in both public and private universities
- Virtual Campus of any educational level
- Media companies (press, radio, television, cinema) and the entertainment industry (video games)
- Educational Internet Entrepreneurship
- Offices and centers of studies on ICT and media
- Educational offices of cultural centers such as libraries, museums, etc.
This Master in Education and Information and Communication Technologies is 60 credits (48 compulsory, 12 Master's Degree Work) and, due to its research orientation, qualifies for access to the completion of a doctoral thesis.
- Understand the theoretical foundations of the impact and use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in education.
- Apply the knowledge to plan and implement training actions with ICT both in the modalities of face-to-face and distance education, as well as for the creation and development of digital educational content and software.
- Apply methodological and scientific knowledge for the design and development of educational research projects on the impact and use of ICT in different educational contexts and institutions.
- Understand the fundamentals of the phenomena involved in the educational processes with ICT in educational institutions, both in the blended and at the distance.
- To know the processes and procedures for the organization, management and administration of social networks, web portals, social media and other digital resources of educational institutions.
- To know the procedures to elaborate plans of use and investigation of the TIC in any scope and educational institution.
- To synthesize the knowledge that allows the design of digital educational materials or contents in the scope of private companies and public institutions.
- Apply knowledge to plan and evaluate innovation programs or projects.
- Educational with ICT for public administrations, private educational centers, or non-formal educational institutions (libraries, museums, NGOs).
- Apply the basic knowledge for the development of software, portals and web tools, apps and educational video games.
- Apply knowledge to plan and evaluate teacher education programs in ICT at all educational levels (children, primary, secondary, university) as well as for non-formal educational agents or cultural mediators.
- Apply knowledge to plan the implementation and evaluation of ICT projects in any institution or educational organization.
- Design a research project in the field of Educational Technology, develop it and prepare the final report of the same.
- Apply the knowledge for educational entrepreneurship in the field of ICT and Education.
- To know the fundamentals of computer science, telecommunications and software engineering and its educational applications.
- Understand the basics of the sociocultural and educational impact of ICT in today's world.
- Know and know how to use different tools, applications, educational software, Web 2.0 tools and social networks for educational purposes.
Orientation and tutoring
After the selection process of the students, the Academic Committee of the master will be in charge of carrying out the assignment of a teacher-tutor who will accompany the student throughout the duration of the Master. The tutor-academic will be a university professor of the Master that will have as main function to support the formative process of the student through tutorials. The main functions to be performed by the academic tutor would be:
- Help plan and organize learning activities;
- To provide the student with autonomous learning strategies;
- Help solve any problems that may arise.
Since the Master is from a distance, support for students will be done through three channels using different channels or Internet tools:
- On the one hand through the site or official website of the Master that will be open and open access. In the same will be distributed information about the characteristics of Master, requirements and criteria of access, program or curriculum, economic cost, teaching staff, etc. In this site will not only include textual documents, but also multimedia presentations, and explanatory / advertising video clips of the Master.
- Through VIRTUAL CLASSES that make up a virtual space specific to the Master that will be private, since only the enrolled students and the participating teaching staff can access it. This virtual elearning space will be hosted in the Virtual Campus of the University of La Laguna which is managed by the UDV. The Unit for Virtual Teaching (UDV) has different lines of action related mainly to the support to virtual teaching of the University, explores the educational possibilities of ICT and the available resources, in order to incorporate them as tools of use by the university community, which translates into an improvement in teaching and research quality. The UDV supports and offers all its infrastructure for the creation of all the classrooms and virtual spaces necessary for the proper development of the Master in the distance education modality. These include the use of the LMS (Moodle), the recording and hosting studios of ULLMedia video clips, as well as the support of its technical staff.
- Through different resources and open tools of Web 2.0, especially social networks. In this sense, the aim is to stimulate the use of both the teaching staff and students of communication networks (Twitter, Google+, Facebook) along with other digital publishing spaces such as Youtube, Vimeo, Slideshare, Pearltrees, etc. It will also create a closed and proprietary social network for participants in the Master through the EDMODO platform.
This master does not contemplate the performance of external practices.
This module will consist of each student developing, implementing and evaluating an educational research project, educational intervention with ICT and / or the elaboration of digital didactic material or computer application for educational purposes. It will be developed in the second quarter.
The process of developing this module involves completing the following tasks:
- Election and planning of the subject or work problem.
- Implementation and / or development of the action plan.
- Data collection and evaluation of results.
- Preparation of final report of the developed practice.
- Exposure and defense of the report prepared before the court either in person or via the Internet.
It is expected to configure three major themes or areas depending on the type of work to be developed such as:
- Projects of pedagogical innovation and integration of ICT in educational organizations.
- Design and development of virtual teaching-learning environments.
- Creation of digital didactic materials and computer applications for educational purposes.
About the School
La Universidad de La Laguna ha ejercido una importante función de liderazgo educativo, científico y cultural en Canarias durante sus dos siglos de historia, impulsando el progreso de nuestra comunidad ... Read More