The Master in Advanced Pedagogical Studies is designed with the aim of promoting the training of researchers and specialists trained to develop analysis and generate solutions on the problems facing education in today's society. The retrospective foundations, the plurality of perspectives and the prospective vocation are the axes of a complex, transdisciplinary conception of pedagogical knowledge and of unquestionable social transference. Research in education and its capacity to innovate are key factors in implementing social, regional, national and transnational development and sustainability. In addition, when this proposal is proposed in a distance mode, openness to interested national and international students diversifies the contexts and possibilities that may emerge in the results in this area.
The present proposal focused on the interdisciplinary approach of avant-garde elements, welcomes in its training program the most relevant themes, established as research priorities in the international agendas and the millennium goals. The need to rethink and redirect pedagogical models around critical and alternative values and knowledge, discourses and practices for the reinvention of citizenship and the social improvements contained in development and sustainability projects. In addition, the international projection of these typologies of studies is emphasized. In particular, relations in the field outside the EU. That is to say, to foment that other privileged place of tricontinental interchange with Latin America and Africa, the one of the postgraduate formation and the joint investigations.
Its virtual nature allows facing the training needs of all and potential students.
Object and scope:
This master's degree aims to provide students with an advanced specialized training that promotes knowledge to understand the phenomenon "education", beyond the specific fields of application, and favors the skills and competencies to train specialists in analysis and management of problems linked to the different areas of education in today's society.
Research in education and its capacity to generate innovation are key factors to implement social, regional, national and transnational development and sustainability. From a plural perspective, research from the theoretical, historical and sociological areas allows access to the necessary training framework, both for reflection on theoretical, political and practical interpretations of education, and for the development of educational policies and practices committed to education. social development.
It is with this conviction that we have designed master studies that promote and enable the training of researchers for the exploration, analysis, interpretation, search and design of alternatives in discursive constructions and actions of the different protagonists (subjects and institutions) in situations and production contexts in the teaching-learning processes. The retrospective foundations, the plurality of perspectives and the prospective vocation are the axes of a complex, transdisciplinary conception of pedagogical knowledge and of unquestionable social transference.
Study of social demand:
Education is a social practice constituent and structuring in our societies and is a source of perennial concern and dissatisfaction. Proof of this is the constant presence in the media of a debate about the dysfunctions and limitations of our educational system. It is somewhat paradoxical that in the Spanish case the public dimension of the educational debate has tended to be reduced to two types of interventions. On the one hand, the general reflections formulated by journalists, thinkers and politicians; on the other, limited interventions closely linked to a specific field of educational practice, either by professionals or by the parents themselves. Surprising, however, is the scarce presence of interventions based on the rigorous academic knowledge available from a broad perspective. The question that arises is: where are the education specialists?
This master's program aims to contribute to overcoming this gap through the training of professionals capable of analyzing and interpreting the educational challenges faced by our society with the rigor conferred by basic disciplinary knowledge on education. In this sense, this master is not aimed at professionals who will intervene in formal, non-formal or informal education, for which there are other more specific masters, but professionals specialized in the analysis, interpretation and reflection of the educational phenomenon from a global interdisciplinary perspective based on knowledge from the fields of theory, history and the sociology of education. It is a fundamental formation that in the Anglo-Saxon academic field is called precisely foundations of education.
This approach profiles two large groups of future students:
- On the one hand, students interested in acquiring the necessary methodological and conceptual training for research and the subsequent realization of a PhD.
- On the other, students interested in working in technical areas such as the design and implementation of educational policies and educational management and planning. This second group is expanded by technicians, basically from the public education administration, who already work in these areas and need to expand or update their training.
You can consult in detail the following sections in the Verification Report:
- Context, tradition and global offer
- References academic-scientific, projection and potential
- Description of the internal and external consultation procedures used for the development of the curriculum
The profile of the student requires previous training in the field of social or human sciences, with obvious interest in the fields of knowledge linked to the areas of Theory, History and Sociology of Education.
- Knowledge and understanding that provide a basis or opportunity for originality in developing and / or applying ideas, often in a research context
- That the students can apply the broader (or multidisciplinary) acquired knowledge and ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within contexts related to their field of study
- Students are able to integrate knowledge and handle complexity, and formulate judgments based on information that was incomplete or limited, include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments
- Students can communicate their conclusions and the knowledge and rationale underpinning to specialists and non-specialists in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- Students must possess the learning skills that enable them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- Understand the value of work in multidisciplinary teams in the development of knowledge and understand interdisciplinary work as a space to share and create knowledge.
- Apply the acquired knowledge to the permanent, professional and personal development.
- Communicate the results of your studies in specialized and non-specialized forums.
- Apply knowledge to the solution of social problems related to education.
- Analyze the ethical and social responsibilities of education in diverse sociocultural environments.
- To theoretically guide the definition of research problems by analyzing and interpreting the current perspectives of thought and intervention in the field of education.
- Acquire a specialized training that enables students to design and further develop possible doctoral research.
- Acquire critical and reflexive analysis capacity in the field of gender equality within multidisciplinary contexts.
- To develop the capacity of analysis, interpretation and synthesis through a critical and reflexive reasoning.
- To carry out scope research and dissemination in the field of education.
- Elaborate research hypotheses in the field of education that advance knowledge and problem solving.
- To interpret from the perspective of globalization the national and international educational phenomena and processes.
- To make judgments and to elaborate pedagogical-social projects or academic articles from the theoretical, historical and sociological investigation of the education.
- To relate the incidence of pedagogical discourses and practices with the formation of citizenships and societies.
- To know the trends and contributions of theoretical-historical-sociological research (international research groups, projects, academic publications, etc.) and their social interaction.
- Identify problems of interest for research in the field of education.
- Analyze comparatively research results in education.
- Use the theoretical and methodological resources of educational research in the diagnosis of problems and the generation of new approaches.
- To know the impact of theoretical research on education in the field of non-formal education.
- To be able to use the new technologies of the information, the communication and the diffusion for the educational analyzes.
- Relate multidisciplinary knowledge linked to innovation in educational research.
- To value the role of women in education and the projection of their contributions to culture in the different historical stages.
- Critically analyze the contributions of feminist theories in contemporary epistemological debates.
- Analyze reports, plans, methodologies and educational programs of national and international organizations related to socio-educational intervention processes and policies, reforms and modes of international cooperation.
- To evaluate the impacts and the social transference of the production of knowledge in contemporary societies.
Orientation and tutoring
Students enrolled will receive attention and continuous guidance through the Moodle platform that will offer enrolled students a constant and detailed update of each of the aspects of the Master that concern them, as well as the possibility of raising doubts or suggestions to any of the participants of the Master to those who wish to address.
In order to ensure the effectiveness of this care, a tutor will be assigned to each student enrolled who will be responsible for solving their doubts and guide you in choosing the elective subjects and in choosing the subject and the tutor of the Master's End Work.
Students will have direct communication with the Quality Commission, to which they can send their complaints and suggestions through the e-mail enabled for this purpose.
In the moodle platform will be enabled the space Monitoring of the Master where students enrolled in the master can follow the news related to it, participate in forums and access the emails of all teachers and students of the master.
This master does not include the completion of external internships.
Research work in a line that develops some of the contents of the master's subjects.
Realization of Works.
Tutorials: in the same way as the theoretical and practical classes, student tutoring will be done virtually through the telematic resources available for this from the Virtual Teaching Unit of the ULL. The collaborative functions and monitoring of the applications allow the development of joint actions between teachers and students: email, multimedia classrooms, online meetings, etc.
About the School
La Universidad de La Laguna ha ejercido una importante función de liderazgo educativo, científico y cultural en Canarias durante sus dos siglos de historia, impulsando el progreso de nuestra comunidad ... Read More