The University Master's Degree in Renewable Energies of the European University of the Canary Islands responds to the tendency of nations and companies to be increasingly aware of the objective of the fight against pollution, the emission of greenhouse gases and the reduction of the use of fuels of fossil origin. A growing sector that requires prepared, flexible and versatile professionals.
The European University is differentiated in this Master by:
- We organize small groups to favor direct contact with the professional sector and your networking network.
- You will have technical visits to renewable energy facilities so you can check how they put into practice what you learn in the classroom.
- You will use up-to-date computer tools for the development of projects such as WASP for wind power.
Why the EU
- Innovative learning model
- Technology in the classroom. We are prepared.
- Active teachers with solid professional trajectory.
To access the Master's degree, the student is required to comply with the legal requirements established in RD 1393/2007 (article 16):
- Be in possession of an official Spanish university degree or other issued by a higher education institution belonging to another member state of the European Higher Education Area that authorizes access to Master's education.
- Likewise, graduates may access according to educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area without the need for homologation of their qualifications, after verification by the University that they accredit a level of education equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees and that they authorize in the issuing country the title for access to postgraduate education.
The access by this way will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous title that is in possession of the interested party, nor its recognition for other purposes than that of studying the Master's degree.
The recommended income profile is specified in the following information:
- Technical Architects
- Building Engineers
- Engineers of Roads Canals and Ports
- Public Works Engineers
- Civil Engineers
- Industrial Engineers
- Graduates in the areas of Civil and Industrial Construction and Construction.
- Professionals in the renewable energy sector who hold any university degree. and that they accredit sufficient experience in the field of renewable energies.
MODULE I. CURRENT ENERGY AND ELECTRICITY CONTEXT (6ECTS)
- The energy and electric context
- Conventional energies
- Energies and the environment
- Community and national regulatory framework
- Energy efficiency
MODULE II. HYDRAULIC ENERGY. (6ECTS)
- Introduction and physical foundations
- Infrastructure equipment
- Control, operation and maintenance systems
- Project of a hydraulic power plant
MODULE III. BIOMASS AND BIOFUELS. (6ECTS)
- General concepts
- Thermochemical treatments
- Biological treatments
MODULE IV. PHOTOVOLTAIC ENERGY. (6ECTS)
- Design of network connected systems
- Design of the evacuation system
- Design of isolated systems
MODULE V. THERMAL AND THERMOELECTRIC ENERGY. (6ECTS)
- Description of thermal systems
- Design criteria for thermal systems
- Description of thermoelectric systems
- Design criteria for thermoelectric systems
MODULE VI. WIND POWER. (6ECTS)
- Study of the wind resource
- Description of wind turbines
- Design of wind farms
- Integration of wind farms in the electricity grid
MODULE VII. EMERGING RENEWABLE ENERGIES. (6ECTS)
- Geothermal energy
- Hydrogen energy and fuel cells
- Energies of the sea
MODULE VIII. MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OF PROJECTS IN RENEWABLE ENERGIES. (6ECTS)
- Management and development of hydraulic projects
- Management and development of biomass and biofuel projects
- Management and development of solar projects
- Management and development of wind projects
MODULE IX. CREATION OF COMPANIES. / COMPANY PRACTICES (6ECTS)
- Organization and management of the company
- Product management, marketing and communication
- Financial and accounting management
- Creation of companies
MODULE X. END OF MASTER PROJECT. (6ECTS)
About the School
To provide our students with a comprehensive education, educating leaders and professionals who are prepared to respond to the needs of a global world, to contribute value in their professions and to ... Read More