Importance of Quality and Productivity Systems
Among the challenges offered by organizations, currently focus on generating strategic partners, increase competitiveness, impact costs and market demands; as well as responding to complex and unexpected problems. Therefore, the Master's program in Engineering with a specialty in Quality Systems and Productivity is justified, responding to the needs of the environment, contributing to efficiency in the areas of supply chain, quality, continuous improvement and engineering management. In addition, this program trains professionals to find more optimal systems and with an increase in productivity, considering aspects of sustainability from a global, integrative and collaborative perspective.
Professionals in engineering or undergraduate areas, with knowledge of probability, statistics and operations research.
Objective of the program
The Master's Degree in Engineering with a specialty in Quality and Productivity Systems aims at training, at the level of excellence, of those professionals who have the responsibility of designing and implementing systems that integrate human, administrative and technological elements; Based on the principles of total quality, productivity and optimization, engineering and statistics.
The time in which the student finishes the postgraduate will be in function of the number of matters that course by academic period. In a semester master's degree it is recommended to study 2 subjects per period and 1 subject in summer. Each subject represents 12 hours of weekly academic work. Since this master's degree offers an interdisciplinary program, it is necessary to have previous skills and knowledge in probability, statistics and operations management. In addition, this master's degree gives you the option to take the Black Belt Six Sigma Certification, offered in conjunction with the Arizona State University.
- Period: Half-yearly
- Start: January and August
- Summer: Yes
- No. of subjects: 10 subjects
- Duration: 2 years *
* Suggested duration according to the academic curriculum
Stamp Courses (choose one)
- Leadership for business innovation
- Leadership for sustainable development
- Statistical methods
- Optimization methods for decision making
- Process control systems
- Production engineering
- Supply chain management
- Quality and competitiveness
- Optional I - III
- Research and innovation methods
Subjects that accredit the optional courses
- Quality in the innovation of products, processes and services
- Strategic planning of technological innovation
- Quality in the service
- Participatory processes for decision making
- Analysis and design of slender systems
- Supply chain design
- Project engineering
- Modeling and analysis of manufacturing systems
- Design for Six Sigma
- Productivity engineering
- Quality management systems ISO: 9000
- Measuring competitiveness and sustainability
- Management for the lean operation
Materials for the Black Belt Six Sigma certification
- Process control systems
- Design and analysis of experiments
- Forecasts and regression analysis
- Six Sigma Method Seminar
- Six Sigma project application
At the end of the program the student will be able to:
- Design, manage, evaluate and improve management systems for service and production areas based on principles and philosophies of quality, innovation and competitiveness.
- Design, manage, execute and evaluate experimental processes that generate tangible solutions for the optimization of operations.
- To lead in an integral way the process of continuous improvement and innovation in the production systems of a company that allow it to be more competitive.
- Design, manage, evaluate and improve production systems based on contemporary principles and philosophies of production and manufacturing, supported by the use of statistical tools and process optimization.
- Integrate the participation of human resources as a key element in the operation of organizational management and production processes, as well as the efficient management of organizational and technological resources.
- Have a professional title
- Have obtained an average equal to or greater than 80/100 or its equivalent in their professional studies.
- Present the Admission Test to Postgraduate Studies (PAEP) of the Tecnológico de Monterrey and obtain a score equal or superior to 500 points.
- Submit the admission application accompanied by all the required documents.
MIP graduate opinion
"Studying mastery helped me a lot, since I was able to apply my knowledge. Studying online helped me a lot to apply them at the same time in the organization where I work and that was very productive for me. What most impressed me academically were the topics of linear programming and supply chain, as they made me see more clearly how organizations work, the resources and the interactions they have between them. " Oswaldo Martín
Benefits of studying an online master's degree
- Professional growth.
- Flexibility to study without stopping work.
- Knowledge updated and applicable.
- Development of projects with curricular impact.
- Personal tracking of the teaching team.
- Exclusive job bank for EXATEC.
- Multicultural environment.
- Access to international degrees and certificates.
- Use of cutting-edge technology.
- The Tecnológico de Monterrey has accreditations such as: SACS, CIEES, and SEP.
This program has 10 subjects
About the School
El Tecnológico de Monterrey es una institución de carácter privado, sin fines de lucro, independiente y ajena a partidos políticos y religiosos. Fue fundado en 1943 gracias a la visión del empresario ... Read More