Develop a foundation in generalist clinical social work and specialized study with the online Master of Social Work (MSW) from Aurora University. Through 1,050 hours of required field instruction, you’ll have the opportunity to apply theories to real-world situations. Customize your learning experience with a Forensic Specialization.
Gain the expertise to excel in the social work field with this track. When you earn your Master of Social Work online and choose to specialize in forensic social work, you will learn to apply principles of social work in legal settings. This track focuses on providing students with an understanding of forensic social work practice and theory, challenging existing biases, and learning specific clinical skills to help various subpopulations. Coursework includes relevant topics in mediation and working with vulnerable populations.
Make a difference in the lives of others with our premier-clinical, CSWE-accredited social work programs. This graduate-level program in social work is also offered on the Aurora University campus and at the Woodstock Center.
Aurora University’s online MSW provides you with a broad academic background, specialized study, and field instruction in clinical social work. Each class is taught by faculty members who have real-world experience.
- A completed admissions application
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college and/or university with a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Students with a GPA of less than 3.0 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Professional Resume
- Submit a personal statement. This document should be typed, double-spaced, and no more than 1500 words that reflect standards of graduate-level writing and demonstrating evidence of critical thinking.
- The School of Social Work at Aurora University empowers students through holistic and transformative education. Why have you chosen to study social work at AU?
- Our inclusive learning community works to prepare social workers to competently build justice and systematic change for individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities while guiding students toward professional engagement. How will the mission of the program apply to your educational and professional aspirations?
- Upon completion of the program, how will you utilize your newly attained the master’s in social work degree? In other words, what area of social work are you interested in practicing?
- If your undergraduate grade point average was below a 3.0, please explain the following:
- Why was your GPA below 3.0?
- Why do you think you can be successful as a graduate student at Aurora University?
- What strategies will you implement to ensure academic success?
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (official, sealed in envelope) from all previously attended colleges or universities.
- Clinical Social Worker
- Health Care Social Worker
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Social Service Administrator
- Forensic Social Work Practitioner
- Community Leader
- Nonprofit Leadership
- School Social Worker
About the School
At Aurora University Online, we are an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning. We offer the wide-ranging programs of a university with the personal attention of a small ... Read More