Develop a foundation in generalist clinical social work and specialized study with the online Master of Social Work (MSW) from Aurora University. Through 1,050 hours of required field instruction, you’ll have the opportunity to apply theories to real-world situations. Customize your learning experience with a Leadership Administrative Specialization.
Thrive in business management and administration in the fields of social work and human services with the online MSW in leadership administration. This track is offered in partnership with the Aurora University Dunham School of Business and Public Policy and is designed to prepare graduates to lead teams and manage social work processes in nonprofit settings, public health, and more. Coursework allows students to choose from MBA-level electives in management and leadership to align their studies with their specific career goals.
Make a difference in the lives of others with our premier-clinical, CSWE-accredited social work programs. This graduate-level program in social work is also offered on the Aurora University campus and at the Woodstock Center.
Aurora University’s online MSW provides you with a broad academic background, specialized study, and field instruction in clinical social work. Each class is taught by faculty members who have real-world experience.
- A completed admissions application
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college and/or university with a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Students with a GPA of less than 3.0 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Professional Resume
- Submit a personal statement. This document should be typed, double-spaced, and no more than 1500 words that reflect standards of graduate-level writing and demonstrating evidence of critical thinking.
- The School of Social Work at Aurora University empowers students through holistic and transformative education. Why have you chosen to study social work at AU?
- Our inclusive learning community works to prepare social workers to competently build justice and systematic change for individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities while guiding students toward professional engagement. How will the mission of the program apply to your educational and professional aspirations?
- Upon completion of the program, how will you utilize your newly attained the master’s in social work degree? In other words, what area of social work are you interested in practicing?
- If your undergraduate grade point average was below a 3.0, please explain the following:
- Why was your GPA below 3.0?
- Why do you think you can be successful as a graduate student at Aurora University?
- What strategies will you implement to ensure academic success?
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (official, sealed in envelope) from all previously attended colleges or universities.
- Clinical Social Worker
- Health Care Social Worker
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Social Service Administrator
- Forensic Social Work Practitioner
- Community Leader
- Nonprofit Leadership
- School Social Worker
About the School
At Aurora University Online, we are an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning. We offer the wide-ranging programs of a university with the personal attention of a small ... Read More