This innovative degree consists of 4 individual diplomas that can be taken as a standalone qualification that creates a pathway for you to gain an MSc degree. After you complete the diplomas you gain your MSc with the submission of a thesis.
This degree is designed for those who work or would like to work in the areas of sport psychology. Please note that this course will not qualify you as a psychologist, but will equip you will key skills that can be used in a wide range of settings.
Rushford offers Recognition of Prior Experience (RPE) and thus a formal bachelor’s degree is not mandatory for entering this program.
Scholarships up to 50% of Program Fees available
Scholarships are available for deserving candidates. You can apply for a scholarship only after you have applied for this program through our application portal. After submission of your application, you will receive your application number. This application number is required when you apply for a scholarship.
- Diploma One – Introduction to Sports and Exercise Psychology
- Diploma Two – Positive Psychology in Sports and Exercise Psychology
- Diploma Three – Elite Performance in Sports and Exercise Psychology
- Diploma Four – Mental Health Awareness and Practice in Sports and Exercise Psychology
Careers and Outcomes
The course is relevant to those interested and involved in the sport and leisure industry eg. coaches, athletes, strength & conditioning professionals, physiotherapists, P.E. teachers, personal trainers, etc. The course may also be of interest to business leaders and managers in terms of understanding what drives performance, staff motivation, leadership, and team cohesion. The course will examine a broad range of topical issues with the sport and exercise psychology profession through the application of theory and research.
- To provide students with a sound understanding of key theoretical issues within the field of sport and exercise psychology.
- To enable students to develop an in-depth understanding of the application of theory and research to sport and exercise settings.
- To provide an opportunity for students to gain insight and practical skills that will enhance their work with individuals and groups in a sport and exercise context.
- To facilitate students in acquiring critical and self-reflective awareness of the individual differences and ethical concerns and implications of applying psychology in sport and exercise settings.
Rushford maintains very high standards for students who enter our academic programs. For all MBA programs, the following criteria need to be met before admission is offered to a prospective student.
Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent recognized academic title in any discipline
For students who don’t have a Bachelor’s Degree, Rushford uses Recognition of Prior Experience (RPE). Rushford generally utilizes over 3 years of relevant experience in a significant role for waiver of Bachelor’s Degree. Please contact us at email@example.com
Proficiency in English:
Evidence of Proficiency in English
- IELTS 6.0+ , or
- PTE 50+ , or
- TOEFL 550+, or
- Any other proficiency test taken in the last 2 years
English Proficiency Waiver:
The English proficiency test is waived for the following candidates:
- Native English Speakers, or;
- Applicants having completed their schooling in English (i.e. High School Diploma or IB), or;
- Applicants having completed their undergraduate degree in English in an English speaking country, or;
- 2 years of work experience in a setting in which English is the primary language of work
EduQua Certified Swiss Institution
Rushford Business School through its parent school (James Lind Institute) is certified by EduQua, a Swiss quality label for further education institutions. EduQua is an accreditation body recognized and supported by the Swiss Confederate Government.
EduQua is the first quality certification for public and private educational institutions in Switzerland and is recognized, supported, and endorsed by the following organizations:
- Swiss Federal Government
- Swiss Conference of Cantonal Ministers of Education (EDK)
- State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO)
- Swiss Conference for Professional Training department (SBBK)
- Swiss Association of Employment Departments (VSAA)
- Swiss Federation for Adult Learning (SVEB)
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
Rushford Business School through its parent school (James Lind Institute) is a member of the “Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
ACBSP is the only global accrediting body, which accredits business programs at the associate, baccalaureate, and graduate degree levels worldwide since 1988. Rushford Business School is part of a membership that extends to more than 60 countries. ACBSP members are amongst the best educators in their respective fields, interested in learning innovative teaching methods, improving the delivery of business education programs, and creative value for their students.
Swiss Higher Educational Institution
James Lind Institute is an approved post-secondary higher educational Institution with the authority to award private degrees in Switzerland. The institute is registered in the Canton of Geneva, Switzerland under the UID CHE-255.747.977.
International Council For Open & Distance Education (ICDE), Norway
James Lind Institute is a proud member of the prestigious International Council for Open & Distance Education. ICDE has consultative partner status with UNESCO and shares UNESCO’s key value – the universal right to education for all. ICDE further derives its position from the unique knowledge and experience of its members throughout the world in the development and use of new methodologies and emerging technologies.
International Organization For Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 Certified
James Lind Institute (JLI) is fully accredited by the AMERICAN BOARD OF ACCREDITATION SERVICES (ABAS) as per ISO 9001:2015 standards for providing Training & Education Programs related to healthcare and allied sectors.
About the School
Rushford Business School is the official name of the Business School of James Lind Institute, Gevena, Switzerland. The school offers higher degree programs in Business and Management. We are also uniq ... Read More