The field of public health is of high importance as it focuses on health at a population/community level. People who are trained in public health and have advanced degrees in this field are in high demand globally. Public health professionals help to prevent the outbreak of diseases, develop a plan of action in case of outbreaks and work at national and international levels in policymaking and implementation. Generally, public health professionals are a part of large healthcare organizations both for and non-profit, and public or private.
The James Lind Institute and the International Telematic University, UNINETTUNO, Rome, Italy (Università Telematica Internazionale UniNettuno ‘UTIU’) have collaborated to bring to you a very unique opportunity to earn a Master’s degree in Public Health via the Master of Science in Public Health Management Program. The program has been thoughtfully structured in order to provide the required knowledge and skills to new aspirants, current Public Health professionals, and those working or aspiring to work within the health sector.
The JLI MPH Difference?
When you choose our Master of Science in Public Health Management (MPH), you can:
Completing your MPH from the James Lind Institute gives you the confidence and credibility to have completed a program that is well respected globally.
Learn at your own pace
We offer one of the most flexible programs globally and you are always in control of how quickly you want to learn.
Stay Current and Relevant
We ensure that our academic programs stay current with the latest topics of relevance and importance.
Tim Gouw / Pexels
Pathway to earning a Master of Science in Public Health Management involves 2 stages.
Stage 1: Completion of Advanced Post Graduate Diploma
Upon enrollment in this program students will first complete the Advanced Diploma in Public Health Management which typically is completed in 36 weeks and is comprised of 42 ECTS Credits. This program comprises of 18 Core Courses and 3 Elective Courses chosen from a list of Elective Courses available to the student.
Stage 2: Transfer to Masters Program
Upon completion of Stage 1, the student will be transferred to the International Telematic University UNINETTUNO, Rome, Italy for pursuing the online Master of Science in Public Health Management. The university will accept all credits obtained in Stage 1 for progression to a master’s degree. James Lind Institute will coordinate the transfer process on behalf of the student with the University.
Advanced postgraduate diploma (Stage 1): 42
Master degree (Stage 2): 90 (Including credits transferred from Stage 1)
Following is the structure of the entire MPH Program:
- Community Medicine AD-001 (Core)
- Epidemiology AD-002 (Core)
- Health Planning and Hospital Management AD-003 (Core)
- Health Economics AD-004 (Core)
- Biostatistics AD-005 (Core)
- Healthcare Planning, Organization and Control AD-006 (Core)
- Nutrition AD-007 (Core)
- Data and Communication AD-008 (Core)
- Environmental Health AD-009 (Core)
- Mental Health AD-010 (Core)
- Introduction to Surveillance AD-011 (Core)
- Preventive Medicine and Population Health AD-012 (Core)
- Resources and Administration AD-013 (Core)
- Infectious Diseases AD-014 (Core)
- Immunization of Special Groups AD-015 (Core)
- Global Health Policy and Development AD-016 (Core)
- Occupational Hazard Management AD-017 (Core)
- Fundamentals of Sexual and Reproductive Health AD-018 (Core)
- Health and Human Rights AD-019 (Elective)
- Research Methods AD-020 (Elective)
- Occupational Injuries and Illness AD-021 (Elective)
- Introduction to Management Role AD-022 (Elective)
- Occupational Hazard Management AD-023 (Elective)
- Accounting and Finance in Healthcare AD-024 (Elective)
- Principles of Public Health UN-001 (Core - Uninettuno)
- Globalization and Public Health Challenges UN-002 (Core - Uninettuno)
- Public Health Systems and Public Health Policies UN-003 (Core - Uninettuno)
- Ethical, Cultural and Behavioural Aspects of Health UN-004 (Core - Uninettuno)
- Final Dissertation/Thesis UN-005 (Core - Uninettuno)
Career & Outcomes
The MPH Program from James Lind Institute, Switzerland, is an excellent program for students and professionals to assume diverse roles in the public health and allied health sectors. This program is developed to help students to develop strong knowledge and skills to explore opportunities within the public health space including ones that are in specialized areas such as maternal and child health, environmental health, nutrition, occupational health among many others.
This program is also designed to make our students attractive to international agencies, community health organizations, governmental organizations and non-governmental organizations involved in health delivery, promotion, management, and administration.
Why the Master of Science in Public Health (MPH) from the James Lind Institute?
In a recent study conducted on the open positions in public health in the Journal of Global Health and many other such studies, it became clear that for maximizing the chances of success in securing a career in public health, a master’s degree is extremely helpful.
- 67% of the positions were in non–governmental organizations (NGOs).
- 14% of the positions involved clinical disciplines primarily medicine.
- 50% of job posts included the request for applicants to have the kind of knowledge and skills normally acquired in schools of public health offering courses relevant to global health.
- 51% of the listed opportunities required at least a Master’s degree level of qualification or doctoral degree.
Networking, Observerships, Internships, and Projects
Our students have the opportunity to tap into our faculty members’ networks within global and national organizations, individuals, and various other key stakeholders. We also ensure that students have the best chance to secure internships and observerships at international organizations. Students are also supported to develop and conduct their projects under the mentorship of a local or international expert in public health.
James Lind Institute maintains very high standards for students who enter our academic programs. For all MPH programs, the following criteria need to be met before admission is offered to a prospective student.
Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent recognized academic title in any of the following areas will suffice the academic entry criteria for MPH programs.
- Behavioral and social sciences (Sociology, Psychology, Counselling)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Dentistry, Oral Health
- Development Studies
- Environmental Health
- Exercise and Sport Science
- Food Science
- Health Economics
- Health Management
- Medicine, Medical sciences
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health or Health Sciences
- Science (All disciplines)
- Speech Therapy
- Veterinary sciences
For students who don’t have a Bachelor’s Degree, there can be a possibility to use Recognition of Prior Experience (RPE). JLI generally utilizes over 3 years of experience in a significant role for waiver of Bachelor’s Degree. Please contact us at email@example.com for exploring this pathway.
Evidence of Proficiency in English
- IELTS 6.0+
- PET 50+
- TOEFL 550+
The English proficiency test can be waived for the following candidates:
- Native English Speakers, or;
- Applicants having completed their schooling in English (i.e. High School Diploma or IB), or;
- Applicants having completed their undergraduate degree in English in an English speaking country.
International Telematic University UNINETTUNO, Italy
JLI is affiliated with International Telematic University UNINETTUNO, Italy to offer bachelor, master and doctorate programs. Uninettuno is recognized by the Ministry of Education, University and Research in Italy. Furthermore, it is the only Italian Telematic University that was positively assessed by the CNVSU, the National Committee established to assess the university institutions in Italy UNINETTUNO is a distance teaching university based on close cooperation with traditional universities from Europe, the Arab World, the United States, and Asia. These alliances with higher-education institutions from across the world allow UNINETTUNO to supply a wider and more diverse educational offering, based on a scientific psycho-pedagogical model built on 20 years of research. Thanks to the use of new technologies and a faculty of prestigious professors from some of the world’s biggest universities, UNINETTUNO offers a unique university experience based on quality, flexibility, and innovation.
Atheneum Liberal Studies
Atheneum Liberal Studies (ALS) is a pioneer and innovative educational organization, established in 2007 utilizing the latest developments in training, information technology and expertise in higher education with a vision to promote scientific knowledge at all levels. With activities and services for students, academics, and professionals, its mission spreads in most of the related fields and domains. Atheneum’s activities are supported by programs and projects, which range from providing open knowledge resources, telematic and distant learning education and higher education consulting to developing global networks and strategic alliances. Its scope reaches all around the world as it has affiliations with organizations and institutions on a global scale that aim to promote higher education mobility and transnational cooperation.
About the School
JLI is an international educational institution with its main campus in Switzerland. We prepare our students for careers in public health, health administration, pharmaceutical sciences, clinical rese ... Read More