Thrive in a Changing Business World
You will learn leadership skills that are critical to harnessing and directing the talents of a diverse workforce — critical skills such as adaptive decision-making, designing and leading complex change, and leveraging business data — plus soft skills that help influence decisions, build emotional intelligence, and bring out the best performance in employees.
Gain Cutting-Edge Leadership Skills
Golden Gate University’s breakthrough leadership programs are based on extensive input from corporate partners, industry groups, leading scholars, and leverage the university’s decades-long successes in developing high achieving leaders in the innovative crucible of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Learn From Instructors Who Teach What They Do
Courses are taught by instructors who also work in some of the Bay Area’s largest and most successful organizations. They bring cutting-edge knowledge from the field to the classroom, teaching skills that are immediately applicable to the real world.
Future-Proof Your Career
The pace of change across industries is quickening. New technologies are disrupting established businesses at an accelerated rate. We are operating in an ever interconnected global world. Jobs once performed by professionals will soon be automated or outsourced. What was certain today well may be uncertain tomorrow. Are you prepared for how management and leadership will evolve as a result?
Total Units — 30
- LEAD 300 Leadership & Management
- LEAD 301 Personal Leadership
- LEAD 303 Teamwork in Organizations
- LEAD 304 Leading Complex Change
- LEAD 305 Adaptive Decision Making
- LEAD 306 Integrated Leadership Mastery
Specialization — 12 units
Any 300/400 level approved concentration or individualized specialization with approval of appropriate academic Program Director.
Students who graduate from the Master of Science in Leadership program will demonstrate the ability to:
- Identify, understand, and differentiate between management and leadership.
- Build and lead high performing teams.
- Facilitate effective collaboration in the selection and application of appropriate business methods and tools.
- Exercise emotional intelligence and implement adaptive leadership capabilities in dealing with diverse audiences and rapidly changing complex, and chaotic organizational situations.
- Identify ethical dilemmas and evaluate appropriate options using moral reasoning.
- Identify and defend which decision-making methods to use in a variety of common scenarios.
- Generate a thoughtful and rigorous self-assessment of their team, organizational leadership strengths, and areas of development.
- Formulate a three- to five-year personal leadership/career/whole-life goal.
- Integrate leadership and management knowledge, skills, and mindsets into an individualized leadership philosophy and toolkit.
- Articulate benefits of their individualized specialization in a way that adds value to current and future employees.
Golden Gate University welcomes students from all over the world and offers a scholarship for all qualified international students who enroll in a master's degree program in our School of Business, School of Accounting, or Braden School of Tax. Admitted students that have not previously attended Golden Gate University and satisfy the admissions criteria will be automatically considered for an International Student Scholarship or Grant through the admission process. For the 2020-2021 academic year, a limited number of scholarships will be awarded in each of the following categories:
International President's Scholars -- $15,000
Admitted students who earned a bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.5 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) and who demonstrate English language proficiency as evidenced by a minimum TOEFL a score of 90, Duolingo score of 120, PTE of 65, or IELTS composite of 7.5 with no sub-score of less than 6.5 will be considered. Students who have earned a master's degree after earning a bachelor's degree will be considered using the cumulative grade point average and English language proficiency as noted above. An International President's Scholar is eligible to receive up to $15,000 to complete their degree, $5,000 per term for up to 3 consecutive terms.
International Dean's Scholars -- $12,000
Admitted students who earned a bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.3 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) and who demonstrate English language proficiency as evidenced by a minimum TOEFL score of 85, Duolingo score of 115, PTE of 62 or IELTS composite of 7.0 with no sub-score of less than 6.0 will be considered. Students who have earned a master's degree after earning a Bachelor's degree will be considered using the cumulative grade point average and English language proficiency as noted above. An International Dean's Scholar is eligible to receive up to $12,000 to complete their degree, $4,000 per term for up to 3 consecutive terms.
Welcome Grant -- $3,000
Admitted students who earned a bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) and who demonstrate English language proficiency as evidenced by a minimum TOEFL score of 79, Duolingo score of 100, PTE of 57 or IELTS composite of 6.5 will be considered. Students who have earned a master's degree after earning a bachelor's degree will be considered using the cumulative grade point average and English language proficiency as noted above. Our Welcome grant is a one-time award of $3,000 applied to tuition in the first term of enrollment.
To be considered for any of the scholarships listed above:
- Students must have their applications complete and ready for review by June 15 for fall 2020 and October 1 for spring 2021 admission.
- Students must be an international student who entered the United State using an F Visa or studying in their home country. Students studying on a J visa are not eligible for these scholarships or grants.
- President's and Dean's scholarship recipients must be continuously enrolled in 9 or more units and maintain satisfactory academic progress as evidenced by achieving and maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher in each term of enrollment. These scholarships are renewable for a maximum of three consecutive (3) terms.
- Students may only receive one scholarship or grant. Specifically, President's and Dean's, scholarship recipients are not eligible for the Welcome Grant or the Alumni Referral Grant.
A $1,000 US tuition deposit is required of all admitted students prior to the issuance of visa eligibility documents (commonly known as form I-20). The deposit is credited toward the first term's tuition and is non-refundable. Tuition deposits must be paid by the following dates or students will forfeit the scholarships:
- Fall 2020 admission - tuition deposit must be paid by June 15th.
- Spring 2021admission - tuition deposit must be paid by October 31st.
Deferring your enrollment may impact your scholarship eligibility. Please speak with your enrollment counselor for further details.
About the School
For the second consecutive year, Washington Monthly ranks Golden Gate University America's #1 School for Adult Learners in its annual College Guide and Rankings. Golden Gate University prepares indivi ... Read More