Online Master of Science in Law (MSL) Degree Program
The purpose of the Master of Science in Law (MSL) degree is designed for students pursuing professions where practical legal knowledge would be beneficial. The program provides the foundational background for students seeking to acquire a high-level of knowledge from a broad base of legal concepts to assist with compliance, legal forms, and regulations. Students will acquire the critical knowledge and skills necessary to understand the legal reasoning and a better understanding of how the law works and how to use the law in a student’s profession. The degree program is outcomes-oriented with real-world cases for students desiring legal knowledge in their professions without becoming an attorney. To serve students in their professions, following elective courses with asterisk(*) are currently available:
- *Contemporary Business Law (LGS525)
- Elder Law (LGS542)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (LGS545)
- *International Business Law (LGS620)
- Communication Law (LGS623)
- Employment Law (LGS625)
- Agency & Partnership (LGS615)
- Real Estate Transactions Law (LGS523)
- Healthcare Law (LGS520)
- *Securities Law (LGS530)
- Wills & Trust (LGS540)
- Intellectual Property (LGS532)
- Legal Writing (LGS630)
- Family Law (LGS521)
- Administrative Law (LGS546)
- Environmental Law (LGS550)
- Civil Litigation (LGS613)
- Immigration Law (LGS543)
- Bankruptcy Law (LGS544)
Upon successful completion of the Master of Science in Law degree program, graduates will have acquired the knowledge and skills needed to:
- Analyze possible external legal influences.
- Develop the ability to reason through legal issues in particular situations.
- Differentiate the roles and tasks of business leaders and professionals in business, industry and non-profit organizations.
- Use technology and other resources to remain current in the student’s legal understanding.
- Make effective decisions using appropriate analytical and critical thinking processes.
- Demonstrate practical skills in dispute resolution, legal terminology and writing, use of legal sources, and legal ethics.
This school offers programs in: