©Full Sail University
The Instructional Design & Technology master of science degree program is designed to provide new tools and methods to improve instruction. Some of these methods include the use of tools like Apple’s professional media creation applications and other digital media concepts – in addition to fundamental techniques like storytelling and game strategy. You’ll also explore theories about how people learn and become motivated, and learn how to create compelling and inspirational content for online curricula.
- Strategies for Learner Engagement - Students explore cognitive, learning, and motivation theories as a first step toward understanding how to create an engaging curriculum for a variety of learning styles and settings.
- Media Asset Creation - Students examine specific techniques regarding how to create the best media for a project, while also taking into account the limitations of delivery methods and the learners' technical ability.
- Visual and Verbal Communication in Instructional Design - Students develop their knowledge and skills in writing manuscripts for course content that is appropriate for the selected medium, the selected subject matter, and the intended target audience.
Before You Apply
There are several things to know about the graduate admissions process at Full Sail University.
- No traditional application deadlines: classes begin monthly for most programs, so you can apply anytime and start on the date that works best for you.
- Program design and course order: you do not need to sign up for specific classes every semester – all of our programs have a predetermined program design and course order.
- Acceleration: Full Sail’s graduate programs are taken on an accelerated schedule and can be completed in as little as 12 months.
- GRE submission: we do not require you to complete the GRE or submit your GRE scores to apply for a graduate program.
Application and Acceptance
Our admissions requirements and acceptance procedures are different from a traditional college. To be considered for admission to a graduate program at Full Sail, the following requirements apply:
- You must have a bachelor’s degree or higher - a Full Sail bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0, or a baccalaureate-level or higher degree from another accredited postsecondary educational institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education along with transcripts.
- Degree held must be of similar scope/subject matter as the intended graduate degree program, with a transfer academic average of 2.0. Documentation of high school graduation or GED is not required.
- Applicants with a GPA lower than the required 2.0 must submit a Letter of Intent, résumé, and college transcripts for Program Director review.
- Students with an undergraduate degree from an unrelated scope or subject matter may be considered for admission upon the provision of a Statement of Intent and a professional résumé. For additional information, please contact your Admissions Representative.
How to Apply
If you’ve spoken to an admissions representative and completed your interview, and you’re ready to begin the application process, there are several items you’ll need to have ready:
- Government-Issued photo identification such as a driver’s license, passport, or state-issued ID card.
- Verification of English proficiency if English is not your primary language (all required documentation that is not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation).
Once you have these items, you’re ready to begin the online application. Completing your application will take 30-45 minutes, and you can save your application if you run out of time or need to gather additional information.
After You’ve Applied
If you haven’t already completed your admissions interview, that will be your next step. An admissions representative will reach out to schedule an interview at a convenient time for you.
If you have completed your interview, your enrollment guide will reach out to finalize your application and gather additional information.
You will also receive an email that gives you access to our Launch Portal, where you’ll be able to submit documentation and complete the final steps for enrollment.
About the School
Full Sail is dedicated to helping creative students follow their dreams in the entertainment and media industry. Whether they are passionate about music, art and design, web and technology, filmmaking ... Read More