American National University’s new Master of Science in Information Technology (MS-IT) provides IT professionals with the advanced knowledge to manage the increasingly complex information systems in use today.
Students in this program will gain a broad technical understanding of current and emerging technologies in the industry, a familiarity with systems engineering concepts, and a solid foundation in net-centric computing. They will also have a firm grasp of current and future effects of the convergence of the telecommunications, media, and information technology sectors.
Faculty with both academic credentials and industry experience provide a practical perspective. Under their expert guidance, students will study real-world problems and opportunities with software-intensive systems, and learn methods to evaluate, adapt, and exploit emerging technologies. MS-IT students will be working closely with fellow IT professionals to complete class assignments within teams, in order to prepare students for the real-world work environment and build their professional networks.
Possible career paths for MS-IT graduates include:
- Network Administrator
- Network Architect
- IT Manager
- Chief Technology Officer
- Network and Security Engineer
- Web Developer,
- Integration Engineer
- Network and Systems Administrator
- Classes are offered via ANU university and select on-ground classes at the Roanoke Valley Campus.
Why American National University?
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher courses available throughout your career.
About the School
In 1886, a group of visionary educators and business leaders saw the need for a higher education institution focused on career-based training to meet workforce needs in the southeastern United States. ... Read More