Online Master of Science Degree in Information Technology (IT)
All organizations today rely on computer and information technology to conduct business and operate more efficiently. Information technology (IT) projects are generally led by managers that have an understanding of the underlying business concepts and needs, the requirements of end users and stakeholders, and an understanding of the technologies needed to address the requirements. The ALU Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) program prepares students for mid-level careers in information technology. The IT program provides the foundation for students seeking to acquire a high-level of knowledge from a broad base of computer and information science concepts and skills to create solutions to contemporary problems in computer science and information management. Comparable to an MBA in IT, students will acquire the critical and current knowledge and skills needed to integrate software engineering, programming, database development, Internet and information management.
The MSIT program equips learners with fundamental technical skills coupled with vendor-neutral information technology principles including data communications, intranet development, and project management. In the program, the student will:
- Discover a working foundation of technologies needed in order to effectively use information technology for different types of applications.
- Apply skills in analysis and design of various information systems necessary to manage system development projects.
- Develop the ability to plan, organize and manage technology, people, and resources.
- Discover the ability to control processes to improve quality, reliability, and productivity.
- Hone human resource management skills including how to deal with the development of a changing workplace to achieve organizational goals.
- Apply problem-solving and creative thinking skills.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 29, 2017