The online Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) program is designed for professionals who are seeking the skills and knowledge necessary to manage information systems resources in today's organizations. Individuals enrolling in the program should have either a bachelor's degree in information systems, management, or a related field or a bachelor's degree in a non-related field of study with significant IT-related work experience.
The aim of the program is to produce graduates who are capable of leadership in information systems through the formulation and implementation of information systems that address organizational needs and provide decision support. The curriculum focuses on strategic skills needed to integrate an organization's information systems with its management goals by encompassing a broad spectrum of both information systems and advanced business courses.
The MS in Information Systems program courses is open for enrollment once a month.
The objectives of the online program are to provide students with:
- A mastery of basic and advanced information systems tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of organizational structures, employee behavior, and the impact of change on organizations.
- A developed proficiency in the skills necessary to manage information systems development projects.
- The analytical skills necessary to identify organizational strategic advantages within an organization's information systems/IT function.
- Well-developed communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- A foundation for lifelong learning, professional development, research, and/or further graduate study.
Last updated November 24, 2017