Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
Ranked as one of the top online engineering programs by U.S. News and World Report, our online master’s degree in Industrial Engineering is built for practicing engineers who are serious about advancing their career and their profession.
Effective industrial engineers eliminate wastes in time, materials, man-hours, machine time, energy and other resources that do not generate value. Bottom line – they help their companies grow. Are you ready to position yourself as a leader for your company?
Earning your graduate degree in Industrial Engineering from LTU is:
- Convenient – study when and where you want; it’s 100% Online
- Fast-paced – complete your degree in just 18 months
- Engaging – learn skills sought by Automation Alley Experts – many of whom teach our courses and sit on our advisory board
- On-target – explore electives in Six Sigma, Automotive Manufacturing, Product Innovation, and more
Enroll in our Industrial Engineering program and you’ll explore topics like advanced simulation, modeling, and quality management techniques. You’ll learn to apply the latest research and theory to real-world problems in healthcare, manufacturing, or logistics while learning from industry leaders.
Why Choose LTU?
LTU’s online courses take the same cutting-edge content, from the same leading professors, with the same spirit of applying theory in practice as we do in our campus classes. The only difference is where you learn.
LTU’s Industrial Engineering Master’s Program is different from other online degree platforms:
It’s interactive. LTU uses cutting-edge technology to bring the classroom to you and focuses on incorporating a modern approach to educating adults that includes case studies, real-world assignments, and engaging discussion.
It’s intimate. With less than 25 students in each class, you can regularly interact with your classmates in a small group or engage with them one-on-one. This private setting gives you the freedom to discuss and analyze each topic and allows for a deeper understanding of the course material.
We also make sure you can engage with your professor. At LTU, we have online “office hours”, where you can talk with your professor when you have challenges or problems. If office hours don’t work – you can email and expect to get a quick response. We are here to support you each step of the way.
It’s on your schedule. LTU’s courses are asynchronous. This means there is not a specific class time, but a new module is posted each week with assignments and deadline. In this way, our program makes sense for working adult who cannot commit to multiple weekly meetings. Work on your schedule and we will be there to make sure you succeed.
Our professors are prepared to help you dramatically expand your knowledge whether you are in their classroom or in your home.
How to Apply
Admission to the Master of Science in Industrial Engineering is competitive and requires:
- Submission of the Application for Graduate Admission;
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, science, math, computer science, or physical science (or another technical field) from an accredited college or university (minimum GPA of 3.0). Individuals with a degree in a non-engineering field may be required to complete prerequisite courses before being accepted into this graduate program;
- Official transcripts of all completed college coursework;
- Three letters of recommendation;
- A resume, including professional experiences and extracurricular activities.
Applicants who do not meet all requirements may be admitted on a conditional basis and will be granted regular status upon the completion of three consecutive graduate-level courses with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 28, 2017