The Master of Science in Education – Curriculum, and Instruction is targeted to individuals who wish to further their knowledge and skills in the field of education. Students can complete the Master of Science in Education in our Cohort or Regular format. Both programs are offered entirely online.
Complete this 36-credit-hour accelerated online program in as little as 19 months as part of a collaborative and supportive community of learners who are working toward the same goal. The cohort format combines eight-week and four-week courses that are sequenced with a full-time teacher’s schedule in mind. Registration is completed by our Graduate Programs Office.
This flexible 36-credit-hour online program can be completed at a more flexible pace by taking the core Curriculum and Instruction courses and selecting program electives that meet your needs and interests. Regular online students can begin taking courses any session offered. Registration is completed by the student.
What makes the program unique?
- Coursework and instruction are complete, primarily online.
- All Teacher Education programs at Peru State College are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- The ESL supplemental endorsement is limited to individuals who hold a subject/field endorsement.
- Practicum and student teaching experiences ensure learning opportunities that cannot be matched in the college classroom.
- School/Student partnerships create authentic experiences engaging with students above and beyond the college classroom.
- Application for Admission
- Official Transcripts – not required for Peru/Chadron/Wayne State College graduates
- 2 Recommendation forms – preferably from a supervisor/principal and coworker
- Copy of Teaching Certificate
Takes 24 or so hours for your application to be processed into our student information system then you will receive another email from our Graduate Programs Office stating that you are admitted to Peru State on a conditional basis. Be sure to check your Spam or Junk folder for this email information.
At application submission, you are conditionally accepted and are eligible to enroll for the semester you applied. The conditional basis is on the condition that you submit the required materials, listed above. Failure to submit these documents will prevent you from registering for future semesters’. We encourage students to submit their admissions documents as soon as possible.
Why Peru State College?
- Faculty members have real-life experience in policing, corrections, parole, and probation with an emphasis on a scholar-practitioner approach to instruction.
- All courses are offered online and on campus.
- Coursework is constantly updated to meet industry standards.
- Easily earn a minor to broaden knowledge and improve employment prospects.
The Peru College Advantage
- Transfer up to 90 credits
Peru State College Online makes it easy to transfer up to 90 credit hours, making your Criminal Justice Administration degree even more affordable.
- Nationally Recognized for Affordability
Criminal Justice - Administration is one of many programs at Peru State College Online that offers nationally recognized affordability and value.
About the School
Peru State’s “Campus of a Thousand Oaks,” a member of the Nebraska Statewide Arboretum, is nestled in the hills of historic southeast Nebraska on the Missouri River. The College offers a mix of innova ... Read More