Learn to use big data to form and implement effective strategies in a management role. Northern Illinois University’s online, AACSB-accredited Master of Science (M.S.) in Data Analytics program prepares you to analyze and visualize complex data, solve problems and communicate your findings and rationale to others.
At graduation, you’ll receive a joint Data Analytics Certification from NIU and SAS, a leader in data analytics software, and qualify to sit for two industry certification exams:
- Data Science and Big Data Analytics Certification exam — earn the Dell EMC certificate.
- SAS Base Programmer Certification exam — earn the SAS certificate.
With the help of industry-experienced faculty, you’ll learn to integrate advanced business knowledge with machine learning, statistics, and data visualization. Gain hands-on experience in the latest software and technologies used in managing big data, and graduate ready to immediately apply your new skills.
- Credits Required: 30 credit hours.
- Cost Per Credit Hour: $870 per credit hour.
- Time to Completion: Full-time students can complete their degree in as little as one year.
- Program Modality: All courses are taught 100 percent online.
- Accreditation: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- Certifications: Graduates of the MSDA program will also receive a joint Data Analytics Certification by NIU and SAS, a leader in data analytics software.
Graduate ready to pursue positions including:
- Financial Analyst: $84,300 median annual salary (2017).1
- Market Research Analyst: $62,230 median annual salary (2017).2
- Marketing Manager: $129,380 median annual salary (2017).3
- Management Analyst: $82,450 median annual salary (2017).4
- Sales Manager: $121,060 median annual salary (2017).5
To apply for our M.S. in Data Analytics, you’ll need the following:
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher, or recent GMAT/GRE.
- Completed application.
- Current résumé.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- No programming background required.
- The GMAT or GRE are not required but may be submitted to supplement the academic record if GPA does not fully demonstrate academic ability.
1Bureau of Labor Statistics (2018, April 13). Financial Analyst. Retrieved on February 4, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/financial-analysts.htm
2Bureau of Labor Statistics (April 13, 2018). Market Research Analysts. Retrieved Feb. 4, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/market-research-analysts.htm
3Bureau of Labor Statistics (April 13, 2018). Advertising, Promotions and Marketing Managers. Retrieved Feb. 4, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/advertising-promotions-and-marketing-managers.htm
4Bureau of Labor Statistics (April 13, 2018). Management Analysts. Retrieved Feb. 4, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/management-analysts.htm
5Bureau of Labor Statistics (April 13, 2018). Sales Managers. Retrieved Feb. 4, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/sales-managers.htm