Syracuse University’s College of Engineering and Computer Science offers a Master of Science in Cybersecurity program delivered online. The program prepares students with the necessary foundations for the design and development of assured, secure computer systems in order to predict, prevent, and respond to cyber-attacks.
The M.S. in Cybersecurity provides the necessary foundations for the design and development of systems that are assumed to be secure, focusing on two aspects of computing systems: design of secure systems that exhibit confidentiality, integrity, and availability through authentication, reference monitoring, and sound design and implementation, and design of assured systems, which are secure systems whose properties are verified or proven.
The online format of the program combines live weekly classes, multimedia coursework, and collaborative group learning exercises. The innovative learning technology platform helps students cultivate lifelong professional relationships and personally interact with a worldwide community of students and alumni—all while having the flexibility to continue working full time.
Courses are led by professors who bring a wealth of experience from the field directly to the classroom, helping students learn skills that are immediately applicable to their day-to-day work environments.
GRE waivers are available for Syracuse University's online Master's in Cybersecurity, ranked the #1 cybersecurity program for veterans and military-connected students by The Military Times. In 15 months, you'll advance your current programming and technical skillset and prepare to take on today's most pressing cybersecurity challenges.
M.S. in Cybersecurity:
Students in the M.S. in Cybersecurity program develop the expertise to design and develop secure, assured systems. The curriculum focuses on five major objectives:
- Design of new systems that are inherently secure
- Protection of systems such as web, mobile, and critical infrastructures
- Systems assurance through application of mathematical logic
- Analysis and detection of malware and other cyber attacks
- Data mining and anomaly detection to identify suspicious cyber behavior
Graduates of the program emerge fully prepared to predict, prevent, and respond to cyber-attacks.
- Community - Founded in 1901, the school has maintained its reputation as a leader in the field, offering a curriculum built on theory, fundamentals, and application with a worldwide community of over 20,000 engineering and computer science alumni.
- Prestige - Syracuse University’s College of Engineering and Computer Science are designated by the National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAEIAE) since 2001 and as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Research (CAE-R) since 2009.
- Unique Curriculum - Designed and taught by Syracuse faculty, the curriculum built on theory, fundamentals, and application. Graduates are sought after for their ability to translate what they have learned in the classroom to real-world needs.
About the School
Syracuse University's College of Engineering and Computer Science offers online master’s degree programs in cybersecurity, computer engineering, and computer science.