Cyber attacks are on the rise and well-trained cybersecurity professionals are in high demand as businesses and organizations turn to them to keep their computer networks and systems secure.
Gain an Edge on the Competition
Gain the competitive edge you need to become a leader in the field of cybersecurity with the ANU Master of Science in Cybersecurity (MSC) degree. In the program, you’ll gain the skills you need to design and implement robust cyber security solutions to prevent and detect cyber attacks.
Enhance Your Career
Whether you’re a cybersecurity professional, or you’d like to advance in your information technology career by adding cybersecurity expertise, the ANU master’s degree in cybersecurity offers a broad foundation of relevant, practical skills that will give you the competitive edge that you need to seek employment or advancement in a variety of areas, including intelligence, computer forensics, IT management, and security engineering.
As a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) program, graduates who are international students may be able to qualify for an additional 24-month OPT (Optional Practical Training) extension.
In the program, you’ll focus on best practices in information security, including advanced prevention, detection, countermeasures, and recovery. You’ll also learn to implement training, provide security management, and collect evidence. In addition, you’ll develop a project plan for a security assessment utilizing the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
Core classes include Information Security Systems and Organizational Awareness, Intrusion Detection Attack and Countermeasures, and Information Security Project Management. The ANU MSC program will also prepare you to sit for a number of certification exams, including:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)
- Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE).
Why American National University?
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher courses available throughout your career.
About the School
In 1886, a group of visionary educators and business leaders saw the need for a higher education institution focused on career-based training to meet workforce needs in the southeastern United States. ... Read More