Master data science, KPI, and analytics
A Master of Science in Business Analytics from Trine University is designed to meet the growing demand across the nation. Business analytics focuses on developing new insights and understanding of business performance based on data and statistical methods. A variety of industries need individuals who will have the education and expertise to collect, analyze, and interpret information to make fact-based strategic business decisions.
As a student in the fully online Master of Science in Business Analytics program, you'll experience a global program in both student population and perspective. You will be prepared to excel within your career to reduce costs with analytical insight, enhance resource utilization, and increase agility and quality of business activities. With Trine University’s strong strategic connection to diverse corporations that span both manufacturing and service industries, you will have exceptional opportunities and learn valuable skills for using technologies, applications, and practices to compile data for the purpose of investigating past business performance and driving future business planning.
The Master of Science in Business Analytics program consists of 30 credit hours, including a capstone project where you will demonstrate a mastery of the program objectives by communicating your findings and applying your acquired skills in statistical and operational analysis, analytical software, and predictive models to provide an analytical solution to a real-world problem. Course topics range from project management, finance, and information studies to data science and analytics.
As a graduate of this program, you will have the knowledge and skill to collect and analyze business data that assists organizations with strategic decisions in their long-term and day-to-day business activities. After completing the Master of Science in Business Analytics, you will be able to:
- Evaluate methods and technologies to organize and normalize data for statistical analysis.
- Assess the project management cycle from initial implementation through project delivery.
- Communicate effectively in multiple forms (oral, written, and graphically)
- Analyze key performance indicators (KPI), financial reports, and predictive modeling using software applications.
- Solve the supply chain, logistics, and production process problems using business analytics theories.
- Use statistics to create regression models and develop data models for forecasting and profit planning.
A Master of Science in Business Analytics requires 30 credit hours.
- GE 5103 Project Management
- BA 6933 Statistics and Quantitative Methods
- BAN 5003 Operations Analytics
- BAN 5013 Analytics Software and Tools
- IS 5113 Data Mining and Data Visualization
- IS 5213 Data Science and Big Data
- FIN 5063 Corporate Finance
- FIN 5823 Financial Modeling
- BAN 5023 Data Driving Decision Making
- BAN 6093 Business Analytics Capstone
TrineOnline is an entirely online format which allows you to complete your degree in the comfort of your home and, for international students, home country. With new classes starting every eight weeks, you can complete your degree in as little as a year, or at a slower pace if you want.
To be admitted, the following must be submitted:
- Completed application
- A government-issued ID (e.g. driver’s license or state ID) with address verification OR a photo ID (e.g. passport, staff ID, college ID, high school ID) and documentation with address verification (e.g. utility bill, bank statement).
- Official transcripts from ALL post-secondary schools attended. NOTE: ID is not needed for students who earned their undergraduate degree from Trine University.
- Provide a well-written essay. The essay should explain why you would like to attend graduate school, your future career endeavors, and your plan for success in graduate school
- Provide a current resume
- Provide GMAT or GRE Scores (if applicable)
About the School
It’s easy to talk about excellence. But it’s another thing altogether to truly commit yourself to it each and every day. To live it. To inspire it in everything around you. At Trine University, this c ... Read More