Accelerate your accounting career in any sector of business.
Utica College's online Master of Science in Accounting program is designed for students with an accounting background or specific combination of business and accounting courses, who want to take the next step in their career. In as little as two years, you'll graduate ready to conduct audits, apply tax and accounting frameworks, and use data to make strategic, ethical business decisions to drive your organization forward.
The flexible program also prepares you to sit for the CPA exam, earning you 30 credits toward the academic course requirement necessary for licensure.
Gain the career-focused skills you need to lead.
By the end of the program, you can:
- Identify valid accounting and tax standards and formulate solutions to accounting and taxation problems citing authoritative resources.
- Analyze and evaluate business problems using a variety of techniques and devise data-driven solutions.
- Evaluate and design solutions for complex accounting cases using the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Accounting Standards Codification.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and processes involved in performing an audit.
- Analyze and apply accounting and financial information to facilitate strategic decision-making.
- Describe common ethical dilemmas faced by accounting professionals and the individual's responsibility in these situations.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Accountants and Auditors earned a median annual salary of $69,350 in 2017, with the top 10 percent earning $122,220.1 Other positions you could qualify for, include Financial Analyst, Controller, Financial Manager, Treasurer, Tax Accountant, and more.
- Advanced Corporate Tax
- Forensic Accounting
- Seminar in Advanced Management Accounting
- Seminar in Professional Accounting Practice
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Advanced Auditing
- Quantitative Analysis for Management
- Advanced Corporate Finance
Program taught in: