Georgetown University's online Master of Professional Studies in Technology Management provides technology professionals with a unique educational experience—coupling business management skills with technology knowledge—to develop the next generation of well-rounded senior technologists who are equipped and ready to meet the challenges faced by today's always-on companies and organizations.
Students move their IT career forward by learning and developing proven techniques—including business as well as IT skills—to spearhead major technology initiatives and create cultures of innovation and engagement:
- Master critical-thinking skills needed to analyze key business issues and develop creative solutions to business and technology challenges.
- Maximize market, entrepreneurial, international expansion, customer service, and revenue opportunities through technological innovations.
- Hone the leadership skills required to influence entire organizations.
- Manage organizational change in the context of technology deployments.
- Avoid costly security breaches, data losses, and data outages.
- Create strategic advantages using emerging technologies such as Social Media, Big Data, and Cloud Computing.
Today's organizations need skilled and innovative chief information officers (CIOs) and other strategic information technology (IT) executives who can not only develop and deploy mission-critical technologies, but also ensure that those enterprise technologies have a transformational impact on organizations, employees, and customers.
The Master of Professional Studies in Technology Management program is geared to provide students with the tools and experiences needed to join the ranks of "big thinking" IT professionals who are leading customer-driven technological innovations that help organizations maximize their bottom lines.
- Practical Business Application.
Get exposure to hands-on, business-proven strategies and experiences, including the business management skills you need in the context of executing successful technological innovations for companies and organizations.
Pick your electives or follow a recommended concentration of study, including the new Health Information Technology track, one of the first programs in the nation devoted to the development of executive IT leaders in the healthcare industry.
Program taught in: