The Master of Professional Studies in Analytics helps to meet the increasing demand from employers by teaching the competencies that define an analyst’s ability to demonstrate the application of the knowledge, skills, and dispositions through behavior that is directly related to performance goals: statistics/mathematics, analytics systems technology, business intelligence, advanced analytics, business process/ management, business analytics agility, communicating with data, and leadership/data governance, policy, and ethics.
The Master of Professional Studies in Analytics program prepares students by applying the principles, tools, and methods of analytics to a project within a sponsoring organization to successfully assist with the extraction, development, delivery, and/or translation/implementation of data analysis for tactical and/or strategic decision making in organizations.
You’ll have the unique opportunity to:
- Graduate with a portfolio of work samples that demonstrate your range and depth of skill.
- Be part of a larger network of analytics professionals.
- Online, interactive program allows for flexibility for working professionals.
- This is a STEM-designated graduate degree.
Build portfolios of real-world projects demonstrating competency with key technologies, visualization and communication techniques, and the ability to translate information into recommended actions.
- Gain a core analytical skillset upon which to layer more specialized technical skill sets or industry-specific applications.
- Develop a relationship with industry leaders and peers so that you may leverage your Northeastern education long after your formal education ends.
- Choose from a host of flexible programming options—all of which share an industry-defined core curriculum and a credit-bearing experiential requirement.
- Anticipate and contribute to the future direction of data analytics.
What you'll study
Master of Professional Studies in Analytics General Requirements
- ALY 6000 - Introduction to Analytics
- ALY 6010 - Probability Theory and Introductory Statistics
- ALY 6015 - Intermediate Analytics
- ALY 6050 - Introduction to Enterprise Analytics
- ALY 6070 - Communication and Visualization for Data Analytics
- ITC 6000 - Database Management Systems
Experiential Learning Course
- ALY 6080 - Integrated Experiential Learning
Experiential Capstone Course
- ALY 6980 - Capstone
Complete three of the following:
|Concentration in Statistical Modeling||
Concentration in Evidence-Based Management
|Concentration in Applied Machine Intelligence|
This program requires the successful completion of a minimum of empty credit hours that meet the degree requirements.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): identify your educational goals and expectations of the program; please be aware that Northeastern University’s academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- Two letters of recommendation: from individuals who have either academic or professional knowledge of your capabilities such as a faculty member, colleague, or mentor, preferably one from your current employer
- English language proficiency proof: students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor’s degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, or NU Global Exam scores
Please Note: This program is offered under the written consent of the Minister of Colleges and Universities for the period from March 6, 2020, to March 5, 2025. Prospective students are responsible for satisfying themselves that the program and the degree will be appropriate to their needs (e.g., acceptable to potential employers, professional licensing bodies, or other educational institutions).
About the School
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a top 50 global research university and the recognized leader in experiential learning, anchored in the world’s largest and most innovative cooperative education progr ... Read More