The Master of Music program in ‘Music Education’ provides candidates with a comprehensive study of the theory, latest research, and skills that shape this specialization as well as the capacity to explore the broader significance of Music Education within the contemporary social context.
- Music Technology in Education (10 ECTS)
- Teaching Approaches and Curriculum Development in Music (10 ECTS)
- Multicultural Music Education and World Music Pedagogy (10 ECTS)
- Creativity, Improvisation, and Composition in Music Education (10 ECTS)
- Research Methodology in Music Education (10 ECTS)
- Historical and Philosophical Dimensions of Music Education (10 ECTS)
- Sociological and Psychological Dimensions of Music Education (10 ECTS)
Master Thesis (20 ECTS)
The Interdisciplinary Academic Recognition and Information Agency of Greece (DOATAP–Hellenic NARIC) and the Evaluation Committee of Private Universities (ECPU) of the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Cyprus.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Teach music education at various levels of public and private education.
- Conduct studies and critical evaluation of research in music education.
- Become music-scientists in both Cyprus and abroad.
- Endow students with knowledge, attitudes, and skills in music and music education.
Graduates are well-prepared professionals in the field of music education and have a broad and in-depth education and training in theoretical, musical and pedagogical level. They may become:
- Music teachers
- Professional musicians
- An attested copy of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- An official copy of academic transcript
- Short report of your personal goals, research interests and musical achievements (up to two pages)
- Good knowledge of English is also desirable and it may be demonstrated with one of the following (if any):
- Completion of the previous degree in institution which the language of instruction was English, or
- Official submission of TOEFL; IELTS; IGCSE/GCSE; or ECPE test scores
- Two letters of recommendation. Referees can be academic (tutor/instructor) or professional (manager/supervisor)
- Proof of work experience (if available)
- Copy of High School Leaving Certificate
- Recent CV
- One passport-size photograph
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 26, 2017