Earn your Master's in Data Science online from the UC Berkeley School of Information in 20 months; no GRE scores required. Advance your data science career and benefit from UC Berkeley's strong ties to the Bay Area and Silicon Valley.
The Master of Information and Data Science (MIDS) is an online degree program for professionals looking to become leaders in the field of data science. The program features a multidisciplinary approach that encompasses the entire data lifecycle, from planning and gathering data to analyzing and presenting findings. Coursework in this program examines issues of privacy, explores machine learning, and considers techniques for data storage and management. Students in the program benefit from UC Berkeley’s strong ties to the Bay Area and Silicon Valley.
- Class sessions are delivered live in an online classroom.
- Classes are taught by many of the same School of Information (I School) faculty and data science professionals who teach our on-campus programs.
- Students are fully engaged members of the UC Berkeley I School community.
- Live online classes: All classes are held weekly on a face-to-face video platform and are kept small, with a low student-to-faculty ratio.
- Renowned faculty: The program is designed by many of the same School of Information (I School) faculty and data science professionals who teach our on-campus programs.
- Multidisciplinary curriculum: Coursework is designed with a project-based approach, encouraging the application of tools and methods to solve problems.
- UC Berkeley community: Students gain access to the UC Berkeley I School community, including technical support, academic support, and the university’s vast alumni network.
The Master of Information and Data Science is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
About the School
UC Berkeley’s School of Information (I School) is the newest school at the university, featuring programs designed to prepare professionals to understand and use information to solve complex problems. ... Read More