- 100% online, no on-campus commitments
- Manage teams in IT organizations
- Bridge the gap between IT and business
- Prepare your career for the future
- Duration: from 2-years, part-time
- Recognition of Prior Learning: Call us to see if you qualify
- Study intakes: January, March, April, July, September, November
- Fees: $2590 per unit
- Units: 12 (7 weeks each)
Manage connections between IT and business
As an IT specialist, you know how complex information systems work. But do you have management skills to implement state-of-the-art solutions across multiple levels of business?
An online Master of Information Technology Management provides you with the skills needed to lead and manage strategic objectives across business units. It prepares you to step into senior management positions with a deeper understanding of the issues affecting the management of IT teams and processes while building connections between the IT and wider business departments.
- Graduate in just two years part-time
- Start studying in any one of our six intakes
- Study on an engaging, social learning environment
- 100% online study, with no on-campus commitments
- Gain a qualification from a globally ranked university
- Access a dedicated Student Support Advisor, five days a week
- Exit early and still gain a qualification
- Equivalent to an on-campus qualification
To qualify for entry to the Master of Information Technology Management, you must:
- have a three (3) year undergraduate degree specializing or majoring in information technology (or in a cognate discipline); or
- demonstrate professional standing/experience equivalent to an undergraduate cognate degree.
- In both cases, you must be proficient in English.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available to those who have undertaken relevant education and/or significant workforce experience.
What you will study
We understand that sometimes life gets in the way of your plans. That’s why our online IT Masters in management has built-in early exit points, allowing you to receive a qualification based on the units you’ve completed if you need to take a break.
The best part? Everything you complete will be credited towards your online Masters in IT management if you choose to come back at a later stage to finish it off.
To receive your Masters, you will complete all 8 core units, and choose 4 units from either MBA specialization or the Project Management specialization.
Core Units (all 8 units)
- Data Management
- Emerging Technology in Business
- Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Information Systems Security Management
- Managing Digital Enterprise
- Managing Information Systems
- Industry Research Project: Part A
- Industry Research Project: Part B
Electives (Choose 4 units from either MBA Specialisation or Project Management)
- Corporate Governance for Managers
- The Positive Leader OR Organisational Change and Development
- Strategy and Case Analysis
- Global Business
- Project Management Principles
- Strategic Knowledge Management
Project Management Specialisation
- Project Management Principles
- Project Management: Initiation and Planning
- Project Management: Quality, Control and Risk
- Leading and Managing Projects
- Project Procurement and Contract Management
- Portfolio and Program Management
"Unlike other IT degrees, the Master of Information Technology Management has the additional dimension of managing teams as well as a continually evolving technology. I want to move my way up into management, and this Master equips me as a suitable candidate."
John Bell, Master of Information Technology Management current online student