Your thinking is holistic and you are open to interdisciplinary challenges? Then the distance learning course " Industrial Engineering - Master of Engineering " offers you excellent opportunities to expand your personal strengths and to prepare for leadership tasks. This study equips you with interdisciplinary knowledge from engineering, engineering and business sciences. Flexibility in the use and handling of complex structures and processes is thus your greatest asset. Optimal prospects for a successful career in the free economy!
Your study structure
Her master program " Industrial Engineering " is divided into four consecutive semesters. As a budding industrial engineer you will go through different areas, mainly business informatics and business administration. At the same time, you will acquire current technical basics in computer science, production, mechanical engineering as well as logistics and management. Your degree in distance learning industrial engineering makes you a sought after expert with interdisciplinary know-how.
- Semester 1 and 2 - Creating Foundations: These two semesters teach you the essential technical and economic basics. On the basis of your existing professional background, a different, new subject area will come into focus for you in these two semesters. They therefore deal individually and intensively with control engineering, automation technology, technical project work OR business administration, production and project management as well as economics theory.
- Semester 3 - Strengthening practical relevance: System Engineering is the focus of this semester. They learn its technical, economic and social components. With this knowledge, complex projects can be developed, organized and analyzed. The aspects of sustainable procedures and efficient process management are also included - for successful risk management and requirements engineering.
- Semester 4 - Specialization and self-employment: In the 4th semester you have the choice between three specializations:
- Product Development: This area strengthens your qualification for the fields of application innovation management, resource management and simultaneous engineering. They learn the use of cooperation models and tap into supplier and customer typologies.
- Production: Everything revolves around essential organizational principles of production processes. They learn how to dimension factories and to plan using the latest methods of production planning.
- Supply Networks: It's about efficient logistics and how to handle barriers in production and distribution networks. Here you deepen your knowledge and develop solutions for cross-industry issues.
Another plus: For your own applications and constant, close contact with the practice, your package contains additional software (eg "MATLAB", "Octave", "C #"), which is available to you free of charge, in addition to the study documents.
Did you know? As a student at AKAD University, you can take part in a three-week study visit to Sacramento: With the AKAD California Program!
- Product Development PEW81
- Production PRD81
- Supply Networks SNW81
Perspectives for generalists - in distance learning to master industrial engineering
Our globalized economy needs knowledge carriers with academically trained thinking, business understanding and engineering know-how. Your master's degree in " Industrial Engineering " turns you into an interdisciplinary industrial engineer whose knowledge is in high demand. Your qualification for industry-independent management positions in management opens many doors for you. You assume interface functions in companies. Their combination of technology, economy, social and ecological makes you a mediator and interdisciplinary problem solver!
Your master program at AKAD: digital, independent of time and place
With the digital AKAD Campus highly efficient master
Use your time resources optimally and support your learning type with tailor-made study units, flexible examination planning and the right mix of self-directed and supervised learning!
The digital AKAD Campus simplifies the extra-occupational acquisition of your Master's degree: As a central hub in your studies, this virtual marketplace offers everything a successful postgraduate course needs: When and how you wish to have your study documents online, examination planning becomes possible and efficient Just keep in touch with your fellow students. Rascher, thereby profound knowledge acquisition on the AKAD Campus promotes your motivation and shows you your learning success immediately. The AKAD Campus enables you to take your individual path to becoming a Master:
- Distance learning: practice-oriented, up-to-date and well-structured study letters - easy-to-understand learning units that come to you at home!
- Distance E-Learning: Effective Learning through Online Exercises, Online Coaching and Web Based Training - Reliability to Keep Content Safe!
- Interactive e-learning: personally supervised by tutors and in direct exchange with fellow students - knowledge added value and direct availability of content for even more motivation!
- Seminars (optional): in addition to the virtual forms of learning On-site seminars - apply learned methods in concrete questions immediately!
At the beginning of your studies, you must have a university degree with an engineering or economics background or an equivalent degree (in particular a degree from a state recognized Fernhochschule or a Berufsakademie), then you can easily start your studies at AKAD. Under special conditions, the direct entry into a three-semester course is also possible. Your completed studies must include at least 210 credits. In the case of double and multiple degrees, this relates to the sum of the relevant (engineering or economics) shares. In addition, in the course of completing studies, 30 credits must have been passed on in terms of economics or engineering science.
What exactly awaits you in distance learning Industrial Engineering - Master of Engineering?
We encounter systems everywhere, eg in everyday life in the transport, education or education system. But even the ancient Greeks understood the idea of co-operation, of the great whole. In the Master's degree course " Industrial Engineering", you approach the meaning of the system concept via system theory and learn how systems are defined. In this sample study letter from AKAD University read the topic "System Behavior": What are the Behavioral Options for Systems? How can they be adapted to changing environmental influences?
The distance learning course "Industrial Engineering - Master of Engineering" deals holistically with the system concept in the study letter MA_Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen_AST811 . Your lecturer Christine Kammerer gives you a comprehensive overview of the contents of your distance education.
The excerpt from the study letter provides insight into these areas:
- What is a system?
- What is part of a system?
- What characterizes the system behavior?
- How can you structure systems?
Convince yourselves: The AKAD Campus with its flexible , individual and efficient study model makes it easy for you to gain access to all contents of the master program "Industrial Engineering": Because you learn where and when you want and combine your extra-occupational study with your individual one as best as possible temporal resources - according to your wishes.
Convince yourself: Test your Master's distance learning program at AKAD University 4 weeks free of charge. If you have any questions about "extra - occupational study", please do not hesitate to contact our friendly and qualified AKAD student advisory service at +49 (0) 711 81495-400 We look forward to hearing from you - and to helping you reach your goals quickly!