Master of Humanities English
A rationale for an English concentration is almost self-evident. Students have requested the concentration and many from this program have applied to adjunct positions in English only to be told that they need 18 hours or a degree or concentration in the field.
The Master of Humanities program already has a variety of English courses. Any 18 hours in English, with the exception of ENG501, will count toward the concentration. Since Film/Cinema Studies uses literary theory in analysis, courses in Film (CUL530, Cult and Independent Films and CUL532, Documentary Films), can also be applied to the concentration. The British History sequence gives a basis for the development of English language, literature, and ideas.
- HIS521 British History I: Prehistory to 1066
- HIS522 British History II: 1066 to 1660
- HIS522 British History III: 1660 to 1910
- ENG541 Creative Writing Workshop I (Short Story)
- ENG542 Creative Writing Workshop II (The Novel)
- ENG543 Creative Writing Workshop III (Poetry)
- ENG530 The Culture and Literature of Modernity
- ENG583 Poetics of Western Drama
- CUL530 Critical Approaches to Cult and Independent Films
- CUL532 Documentary Film
- ENG570 Ethnic Voices (Currently a special topics course (HUM592))
- ENG592* Special Topics in English
Is the program accredited?
Tiffin University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of colleges and Schools.
Will I need a GRE or GMAT for Admission?
No! Applicants must have an accredited bachelors degree. Applicants with at least a 3.0 GPA will be accepted. Applicants not meeting this qualification will be reviewed, with those having a 2.5+ GPA and 5 or more years of professional work experience considered first.
Once admitted do I have to seek candidacy status for graduate studies?
No! Once you are accepted into the program, you must only continue to remain in good academic standing to complete the program, no additional graduate candidacy required.
About the School
Students have access to some of the best undergraduate and graduate programs and can decide whether to pursue their degree on campus, online, or enjoy a little bit of both. Some of our most popular pr ... Read More