To God be the glory, the Department has established in September 2004/2005 Academic Session in the College of Science and Technology of the University. The programme is to provide sound knowledge in all aspects of Mechanical Engineering (as well as provide) advanced knowledge that would (facilitate) specialization in the four fields of Mechanical Engineering: Thermo-Fluid, Machine Design, Production and Metallurgy, and Materials. Largely due to the importance of information technology especially in the areas of drawing, data management, and simulation, the curriculum has recently been totally reviewed and the contents of the programme have been increased.
To produce a total graduate empowered with the standards and practice of Mechanical Engineering in the field and beyond who will fit properly into the African Industrial and Manufacturing Sectors.
Activities of the Department
The department has been involved in some activities such as Seminars presentation and postgraduate Seminars delivery.
The philosophy of the Department of Mechanical Engineering is derived from the overall objective of Covenant University, which can be summarized as “Bringing up a new generation of Africans that will move the continent forward in all areas of endeavour” The philosophy of the department is to marry theory with practical effects and hence produce graduates who will be empowered to strengthen the weak or virtually non-existent manufacturing base of the Africans and change the status of our industries from being “packaging’ to `manufacturing’.
In order to accomplish the philosophy of the Department and in line with the entrepreneurship and total man concept goals of the Covenant University, emphasis will be placed on the following objectives:
- To facilitate good grasp of a broad spectrum of engineering principles
- To facilitate acquisition of practical work experience
- To inculcate entrepreneurial, marketing and management skills
- To engage extensively in mechanical engineering research and development.
- To train and produce men and women who will be alert to the engineering needs of their environment and be very willing and eager to meet these needs.
- To train and produce men and women who are equipped with all necessary tools (theoretical, spiritual, physical and intellectual) to design and manufacture machines and components for the benefit of their environment and mankind in general.
- To bring out the best in the students through adequate exposure to theory, current trends, and state of the art laboratory and industrial facilities.
To teach modern Mechanical Engineering using trendy resources viz-a-viz manpower, machines and information, and communication technology (ICT). The main focus is to harness all available resources to achieve food security through design/development of tropical machines for processing and the development of technology aimed at boosting energy.
About the School
Covenant University is a part of the Liberation Commission that God gave to the Presiding Bishop of the Living Faith Church Bishop David Oyedepo, (Ph.D.) some years ago. The appropriate forms of inten ... Read More