Experience at EIT was great, I learned a lot, improved existing technical skills et and developed new skills to advance my career. The remote learning enabled me to focus my work into my busy work schedule. I would definitely recommend EIT to friends and colleagues looking to take the next step in their career.
Eóin James McCartney, Australia
My experience at EIT was rich in knowledge and it definitely enhanced my skills in engineering overall.
Ian Shivraj Doolun, Mauritius
My experience at EIT has been the best when it comes to online learning. I got value for my money. The staff were very professional in executing their jobs. I want to use this opportunity to thank every member of EIT who made my study here a success. Thank you so much and keep up the great job.
Edidiong Edem Wilson, Nigeria
It was an extremely wonderful learning experience in EIT. The quality of material and the depth of experience of instructors was quite impressive. The course was tailored to meet current industrial needs. I am totally satisfied with the course.
Obiezu Ifenna Amaobi, Nigeria
EIT has provided me with the best education experience so far that I would like to consider enrolling for a Doctorate program whenever it commences.
Onoriode Akporherhe, Nigeria
It has been interesting and rewarding studying at EIT. The teaching and learning methodology is modern and simply out of this world. When I completed an Advanced Diploma in Industrial Automation at EIT several years ago, I knew I would be back for more academic pursuits. Now, having completed a master's Degree program in the same field, I cannot wait any longer to commence a PhD study in the same field at EIT.
Abimbola Adegoke Ogunlade, South Africa
Studying at EIT was an experience which has left me a better person. Now I can confidently explore the technology in my field of work and also can work in a planned way unlike before. This course has given me the ability to analyse and understand situations which previously I would have not been able to figure out. I can say I came out of EIT a changed person and a better manager.
Givemore Mhene, Zimbabwe
I am extremely satisfied and thankful for all the support and facilities provided by EIT and their staff during the completion of my course. The best aspect of my course was the integration of online tutoring and on-campus tutoring.
Subish Tamang, Nepal
The Engineering Institute of Technology is pleased to bring you the Master of Engineering (Industrial Automation)** program available both fully online and on-campus in Australia. Please read below for details about both delivery options.
In this accredited and prestigious program you will gain:
- Skills and know-how in the latest and developing technologies in instrumentation, process control, and industrial automation
- Practical guidance and feedback from industrial automation experts from around the world
- Live knowledge from the extensive experience of expert instructors, rather than from just theoretical information gained from books
- Credibility and respect as the local industrial automation expert in your firm
- Global networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career choices and income
- A valuable and accredited Master of Engineering (Industrial Automation)** qualification
There is a global shortage of automation, instrumentation and control engineers due mainly to restructuring and rapid growth of new industries and technologies. The respected International Society of Automation (ISA) estimated that at least 15,000 new automation engineers are needed annually in the US alone. Many industrial automation businesses throughout the world comment on the difficulty in finding experienced automation engineers despite paying outstanding salaries.
The Master of Engineering (Industrial Automation) perfectly addresses this gap in the Industrial Automation industry. The program's twelve-core units and project thesis provide you with the practical knowledge and skills required.
The content has been carefully designed to provide you with relevant concepts and the tools required in today’s fast-moving work environment. For example:
- Power Engineering covers major equipment and technologies used in power systems, including power generation, transmission and distribution networks.
- Programmable Logic Controllers covers in-depth principles of operation of programmable controllers, networking, distributed controllers, and program control strategies.
- Industrial Process Control Systems combines the process identification and feedback control design with a broad understanding of the hardware, system architectures and software techniques widely used to evaluate and implement complex control solutions.
- Industrial Instrumentation identifies key features of widely used measurement techniques and transducers combined with microprocessor devices to create robust and reliable industrial instruments.
- Process Engineering will enable students to evaluate and utilize complex process calculations through the application of control principles.
- Industrial Data Communications provides the requisite knowledge to manage modern fieldbuses and industrial wireless systems.
- Safety Systems provides an introduction to the common safety philosophy of hazard identification, risk management and risk-based design of protection methods and functional safety systems; and much more.
Special topics enable students to incorporate current technologies and the knowledge acquired from the entire course and thus solve complex industrial automation problems. The Project Thesis, as the capstone of the course, requires a high level of personal autonomy and accountability and reinforces the knowledge and skill base developed in the preceding units. As a significant research component of the course, this project will facilitate research, critical evaluation and the application of knowledge and skills with creativity and initiative, enabling students to critique current professional practice in the industrial automation industry.
Who Will Benefit from this Prestigious Program
Those seeking to achieve advanced know-how and expertise in industrial automation, including but not limited to:
- Electrical Engineers and Electricians
- Maintenance Engineers and Supervisors
- Energy Management Consultants
- Automation and Process Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Project Managers
- Instrument Fitters and Instrumentation Engineers
- Consulting Engineers
- Production Managers
- Chemical and Mechanical Engineers
- Instrument and Process Control Technicians
** A note regarding recognition of this program in the Australian education system: EIT is the owner of this program. The qualification is officially accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). EIT delivers this program to students worldwide.
This Master's Degree is an academically accredited program by the Australian Government agency Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and provisionally accredited by Engineers Australia under the Sydney and Washington accords. This EIT Master's Degree is internationally recognized under the International Engineering Alliance (IEA) accords and the various signatories (http://www.ieagreements.org/accords/washington/signatories/).
Prior Learning Recognition and Exemptions
EIT can give you credit for units where you can demonstrate substantial prior experience or educational background. An assessment fee may apply. If you wish to find out more please ask us for your copy of the policy for recognition of prior learning.
To gain entry into this program, applicants need one of the following:
- A recognized 3-year bachelor degree* in an engineering qualification in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- An EIT Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree* in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent), that is recognized under the Washington Accord or Engineers Australia, in a congruent**, or a different field of practice at the discretion of the Admissions Committee; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent)* that is not recognized under the Washington Accord, in a congruent** field of practice to this program; AND
- An appropriate level of English Language Proficiency equivalent to an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education, or an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no individual band less than 6.0), or equivalent as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy.
All applicants must have evidence of automation and/or electrical exposure in their degree and/or work experience.
* With integrated compulsory 12-week professional industry experience, training or project work of which 6 weeks are directly supervised by a professional/eligible professional engineer as determined by EIT.
** Congruent field of practice means one of the following with adequate content (fields not listed below to be considered by the Dean and the Admissions Committee on a case-by-case basis):
- Industrial Automation
- Industrial Engineering
- Instrumentation, Control and Automation
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical and Material Systems
- Mechatronic Systems
- Manufacturing and Management Systems
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic and Communication Systems
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Production Engineering
Applicants may have a maximum of one individual band of 5.5 and be granted entry subject to the provision of English language support by EIT.
Overseas qualification equivalency is assessed using on Country Education Profiles - an online qualifications recognition tool designed by the Australia Government Department of Education and Training to help organizations understand overseas higher education and postsecondary technical and vocational educational qualifications.
International students who wish to study on-campus in Australia will need to have a valid international student visa.
Maths Bridging Test/Exam
- Maths bridging test/exam (non-proctored/invigilated): to be completed by all Higher Education students during orientation week.
- An English proficiency test must be completed by all Higher Education students studying on campus. If a student fails the initial test they must complete additional English language support classes.
- All CRICOS applicants will be subject to a phone interview as a condition of their Letter of Offer. This is in addition to the English Language Proficiency requirements stated above.
Please note: meeting the minimum admission criteria does not guarantee entry to EIT programs. Applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis. If applicants do not meet the above requirements, applicants are welcome to apply in writing to the Admissions Committee.
Online - Master of Engineering (Industrial Automation)
Course at a Glance
- Code: MIA
- Course Length: 2 Years (part-time)
- Course taught in English
Live Online Tutorials
During the program, you will participate in weekly interactive sessions with the lecturers and other participants from around the world. Each unit's weekly live tutorial normally lasts 60 to 90 minutes. We take student availability into consideration before scheduling webinar times. All you need to participate is an adequate Internet connection, speakers and, if possible, a microphone.
Benefits of Live Online Learning to Students
- Cost-effective: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Interactive: live, interactive sessions let you communicate with your lecturer and fellow students
- Flexible: interactive sessions over the Internet which you can attend from anywhere in the world (with an Internet connection). Learn while you earn!
- Practical: perform exercises by remotely accessing our labs and simulation software
- Expert lecturers: filled with extensive industry experience; they are not just 'academics'
- Constant support: from your lecturers and a dedicated Learning Support Officer for the complete duration of the course
- International insight: interact and network with participants from around the globe and gain valuable insight into the international practice
Benefits of Live Online Learning to Employers
- Lower training costs: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Less downtime: short tutorials (60-90 minutes) and flexible training methods means less time away from work
- Retain employees: keep staff who may be considering a qualification as a full-time study
- Increase efficiency: improve your engineering or technical employees’ skills and knowledge
- International insight: students will have access to internationally based professional lecturers and students
How Does it Work?
EIT programs involve a combination of live, interactive sessions over the Internet with a professional lecturer, set readings, and assignments. The programs include simulation software and remote laboratory applications to let you put the theory to practice, and provide you with constant support from a dedicated Learning Support Officer.
Practical Exercises and Remote Laboratories
As part of the groundbreaking new way of teaching, EIT's online engineering degrees use a series of remote laboratories (labs) and simulation software, to facilitate your learning and to test the knowledge you gain during your program. These involve complete working labs set up at various locations of the world into which you will be able to log in and proceed through the various practice sessions.
The practicals will be supplemented by simulation software, running either remotely or on your computer, to ensure you gain the requisite hands-on experience. No one can learn much solely from lectures, the labs and simulation software are designed to increase the absorption of the materials and to give you a practical orientation of the learning experience. All this will give you a solid, practical exposure to the key principles covered and will ensure that you obtain maximum benefit from your course.
About the School
The key objective of the Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is to provide an outstanding practical engineering and technology education; from Diplomas through to Masters Degrees. The finest eng ... Read More