The Master of Education (M.Ed.) prepares practicing educators for Christian school administrative, instructional leadership, and teaching positions in the United States and around the world. Teaching students to become forward-thinking educational leaders, the coursework of the M.Ed. the online program provides students with the rigor and camaraderie they would expect of a top M.Ed. program. The program pairs powerful virtual tools in our new ECampus with a comprehensive curriculum. Every course is designed top-to-bottom with the Christian educator in mind. Each class combines biblical principles with relevant theory. Real-life case studies are used allowing students to develop the abilities that today’s school communities expect out of fully prepared Christian educational leaders. M.Ed. graduates complete a concentration in either:
- Educational Administration
- Instruction & Learning
This advanced degree program is aligned with certification requirements of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
The M.Ed. will equip you with:
- Competency in content so that you demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply Biblical principles to formulate a Christian philosophy of education and articulate this to various audiences.
- Understand instructional strategies and learning theories to meet the development of the learner and their individual needs.
- Develop and analyze curriculum based on philosophy, theory, and Biblical principles and their relationship to instruction and learning.
Proficiency in skills to promote learning for all students so that you demonstrate the ability to:
- Employ various research procedures and techniques for problem-solving within the school setting.
- Assess and monitor student learning through a variety of methods.
- Foster a nurturing school culture that enhances student learning, including consideration of the cultural differences within the school community.
Professionalism so that you demonstrate a commitment to:
- Intentionality to create a climate conducive to spiritual transformation within the school setting.
- The professional role of the Christian educator that includes being a lifelong learner by reflecting and gaining from experiences and being aware of current issues in education.
- Collaborating and communicating effectively with other professionals, community members, and parents to improve student learning.
Potential employment and service opportunities for graduates include:
- Teaching in K-12 schools: Opportunities abound in the United States and around the world for Christians who are thoroughly prepared and called to teach in public schools, private schools, charter schools, Christian schools and international schools.
- Leadership Positions in Christian Schools: Schools in the United States and around the world need curriculum specialists, lead teachers, principals, and superintendents.
- Academic Careers: M.Ed. program is designed to prepare students for further graduate work, especially a Ph.D. in education or a related discipline. With a Ph.D., students have the potential to teach at the college and university level in North America and abroad.
For entrance into online studies, a bachelor's degree with a 2.5 GPA (with exceptions) is required. The Application Process consists of:
- Online application
- Application essay (800-1,000 words)
- Reference from church leader who has known applicant for at least two years
- Official transcripts for bachelor's degree and any master's degree work
- $45 application fee
International Student Requirements
International citizens must complete application items noted above as well as the following items:
- Academic Transcripts: Must be validated through World Education Services (WES). The student must request the WES ICAP credential package. If not in English, the transcript must be accompanied by an official English translation.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): A minimum score of 79 is required on the TOEFL iBT exam. The computer and paper exams will also be accepted, with a minimum score of 213 on the computer and a minimum score of 550 on the paper exam. The TOEFL is available through the American Consular Office. Our TOEFL code is 5116. The TOEFL is waived if you have completed a degree in which English was the medium of instruction.
- Educational Background: Fully complete the International Educational Background form. Directions are on the back of the form.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 23, 2017