Why earn a Master of Education in Elementary Education Class A Certification degree?
A Master of Education in Elementary Education Class A Certification is the perfect way for current teachers to enhance their skills and marketability or redirect their specialty towards elementary aged students. In addition to classroom work, a higher degree in education opens up doors across the field, from writing curricula and textbooks to becoming a principal. For those who want to increase their certification levels.
This program will also qualify you to move on to earn an Educational Specialist degree.
This program qualifies educators to earn advanced pay.
Format and requirements
Faulkner University’s online Master’s of Education in Elementary Education Class A Certification allows you to pursue a valuable academic credential with the flexibility you need.
New students are accepted into Faulkner University’s online M.Ed. Elementary Education Class A Certification program every 5 weeks. Students will take one class at a time. Students are required to take the following 9 courses for a total of 27 credits.
|Ethics for Educators
|Curriculum Design and Instructional Methods
|Multicultural Education, or Differentiated Instruction for Diverse Learners
|Reading Skills and Comprehension
|Teaching Elementary Language Arts
|Elementary Pedagogy for Social Studies
|The teaching of Elementary Mathematics
|Teaching Elementary Science
|Total Credit Hours
*The College of Education welcomes transfer students from other regionally accredited institutions. No more than six (6) hours may be transferred from another university and accepted toward a Master of Education degree. All professional transfer courses are subject to approval by the ALSDE. A student must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours through Faulkner University.
Our online Master of Education degree fits your busy life and helps you meet your biggest goals. All prospective students enrolling in the Master of Education program must meet the following admission requirements.
- Completed Application.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Transcripts from all institutions attended must be provided.
- Three letters of recommendation with specific comments regarding the applicant’s academic work, professional experience and ability to successfully complete graduate study. The letters are usually from the applicant’s faculty members or supervisory personnel.
- Applicants must submit a statement of approximately 250 words specifying personal goals for their life as a master teacher and how their teaching and influence will impact the lives of others.
- A signed copy of the Acknowledgment form.
Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction additional information:
- No preadmission testing required if undergraduate GPA is 2.75+.
- If undergraduate GPA is 2.5 – 2.74, must take the GRE (281 minimum) or MAT (370 minimum) to be considered for admission.
- This program leads to a Master’s Degree, but not additional certification.
- The degree will lead to advanced pay due to the concentration options on the transcripts according to ALSDE.
- Students will not be able to pursue further education to receive additional advanced pay in the public-school system.
Master of Education in Elementary Education additional information:
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Acceptable score on a graduate admission exam such as the MAT (370) or GRE (281), which cannot be more than five years old.
- This program leads to a Class A Certification at the completion of the degree.
- Students will be able to pursue further education, such as an Ed.S or doctorate programs, and receive additional advanced pay in the public-school system.
The university reserves the right to deny admission to any student whose record indicates that she/he may not be a successful participant in the educational program or whose conduct as a whole is viewed by the university to be inconsistent with its goals, standards and/or ideals. Faulkner University reserves the right to determine which transfer courses meet the requirements and standards of the university.