- Duration (years): 3 semesters
- Qualification Awarded: Master of Education Sciences - Educational Leadership and Administration
- Level of Qualification: Master Degree (2nd Cycle)
- Language of Instruction: English
- Mode of Study: Distance Learning
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 90
Profile of the Programme
The purpose of the programme is to prepare candidates at the graduate level to master postgraduate level content in the various areas focusing on educational leadership and administration. The focus is on preparing candidates to lead various educational institutional contexts ie. Formal, non-formal and informal.
- Seek positions in leadership and administration in various facets of education (formal, non-formal and Informal)
- Employment in human resource development capacity in non-profit and profit organizations.
Access to Further Studies
Graduates of the programme can be accepted into Third Cycle degrees (Doctorate Degree).
The program combines summative and formative assessment all through the program. The program also uses a final examination.
Letter grades are calculated based on the weight of the final exam and the continuous assessment and the actual numerical marks obtained in these two assessment components. Based on the course grades the student’s semester grade point average (GPA) and cumulative point average (CPA) are calculated.
The student must complete 90 ECTS and all program requirements.
- Understand basic concepts, principles, and models of educational leadership and administration.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and dispositions that reflect best practices in the field of leadership, educational leadership and administration.
- Understand broader contexts of education by studying the social, economic, and political foundations of education.
Scholarships - Financial Aid
The University offers scholarships and financial aid to full-time students, in the form of academic merit scholarships, financial-aid assistance, athletic scholarships, and on-campus work-study programmes.
Program taught in: